The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend's brother confessed that he had never shot a1911 or an AR-15 type rifle. Well that sounded like a challenge to me, so off we went to the range, after picking out a pair of 1911's that he found "interesting" and a really cool AR that he wanted to try. I spent most of the 3 hours at the range helping him learn to shoot, ( no one else was there, and we had the place to ourselves, but I INSISTED that he learn the range rules and follow them implicitly.)

At first, he was flinching like a champ, but after he listened to my coaching, lost the flinch, gripped the pistol like it owed him money ( his words, not mine!) and was soon getting balloon after balloon. After 5 rounds in the AR-15, you would have needed a plastic surgeon to get that grin off of his face. I only cried a little when we picked up our brass, I probably could have bought a nice car with the ammo we went through. Ah, well, it was worth it! ( Next time, HE buys the ammo and I'll buy the pizza!).

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,647 Posts
But did you pick a Range Officer before you did anything???

:whistle:

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Your story reminds me of a Thanksgiving shoot with my nephew one year. He was in college at the time. He asked afterwards how much money in ammo we just 'wasted'. I told him it was about $75 worth. That was cheap Tula .223 ammo. Now days, I'll bet it would be $150 worth of ammo. That only means we would have shot half as much. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Ain't corrupting non shooters fun? :D Youngest son had a buddy who just got married and he wanted a shotgun. New wife wasn't sure about it so we invited his friend and new wife out to shoot a few rounds through my son's 870. The wife wanted to shoot something, so after the safety lessons we turned her loose with the .22s and she did pretty good for a new shooter. She wanted to shoot a pistol so I showed her the Single Six but she insisted she would like to shoot my Ruger Bisley in .45 Colt. After she shot it she puts it back on the bench and she walks over to her hubby and says you can have your shotgun but only if I get one of these, pointing to my .45.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Went over to my daughters house yesterday and took my two grandsons out back to shoot my Gameo pellet rifle. They are 10 and 6 and both did pretty good for first time with it. The gun was a bit big for the 6 yr old but the 10 yr old was pretty accurate.I will be looking for something smaller and lighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts