Top 10 Reasons You Should Shoot Competitively

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by BlackEagle, Apr 10, 2019.

1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Fletch.N, Kvasir, carver and 2 others like this.
  2. Patches

Patches Well-Known Member

Gosh, that looks like fun!

Fletch.N, carver and BlackEagle like this.

3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Competitions are fun. I go to have fun and make everyone else look good!!:bounce::gunner:

Fletch.N, howlnmad, Kvasir and 5 others like this.
  4. carver

carver Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That would be my only reason for going. :D

Fletch.N, howlnmad, Kvasir and 2 others like this.
  5. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That would be the result of me going!:(

Fletch.N, howlnmad, Kvasir and 2 others like this.
  6. carver

carver Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The truth is that at my age I'm no longer competitive. I can't see all that good anymore, and don't get around like I used to, can't get down there and shoot form kneeling, or prone. And I just don't want to spend the money it would take to even get close to what some of the young folks have to compete with. And if I had their equipment, I still couldn't see, or move, well enough to be competitive. But I would bet it's fun to go watch.

7. Don Fischer

Don Fischer Well-Known Member

I don't get on here normally, I'm not competitive! But doesn't mean I don't see the value in it. You shoot competitively and your gonna improve your skill's even if you don't mean to! Two problem's with me. First I am not a competitive person. I liked bird dog trials but never cared if I won or not. I judged so I could watch more dogs! Second problem would be cost. If you are serious about competing, it require's lot's of self discipline and that is only learned through lot's of practice. Lot's of practice get's expensive and I am some what short of wealthy, actually border on poor!

8. klcmschlesinger

klcmschlesinger Member

I shoot a little of each IDPA, USPSA and Steel Challenge. They are competitions in only that you keep a score and can be compared to the other shooters. I like doing it because i get to shoot my guns, hang out with other shooters, i usually learn something new, and it gets my lazy butt out of the house. I found that just showing up, admitting you know nothing and that you want to learn, and everyone is willing to help. They will loan you equipment, give you ammo, almost anything. Great people.

9. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I am competitive. I will turn 70 in January and won 1st place in the fall Trap shoot off at my club this year. 1st time for me. We have 3 gun events and rifle competitions. I always try to win. Rarely happens but I always try.

Competition is good. It is in almost every aspect of your life.

10. Catman1942

Catman1942 Well-Known Member

i shoot competitively, against my self. yesterday i did it all morning. with my 4, .22 handguns and one muzzleloader. now that we have a lot of snow i like to put a hole in the snow and see how small i can keep the group. that works at any range. the s and w victory with all the aftermarket parts on it kept a small one hole group at 20 yards. the others were close to that.

carver likes this.
  11. Kvasir

Kvasir Well-Known Member

I want to learn to shoot two guns while flying through the air like they do in the movies.
    Is there a competition for that?

carver likes this.
  12. Catman1942

Catman1942 Well-Known Member

• thanks for the laugh, that was a good one. never shot my handguns sideways or up side down like the gangbangers. guney never taught me that way.

Fletch.N, carver and BlackEagle like this.