topper 88 inner workings

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Joshua Dunkley, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Joshua Dunkley

Joshua Dunkley Member

if there are any gunsmiths around amature or not, maybe you could answer this;
    I was recently told that inside the trigger assembly ( i guess that is what you would call it) of a topper 88, there are plastic parts. that is all i was told because my informer stated that was what they were told...what would these be? in a shtf scenario, it may be pertanant to have replacements on hand. i dont make a habit of tearing down a arm to that extreme to to answer a question, so if anyone knows, please let me know. i seen a schematic of the weapon but it doesnt state whether or not any thing is plastic.

2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Well-Known Member

Joshua Dunkley likes this.

3. Joshua Dunkley

Joshua Dunkley Member

#16 and #31 on that schematic is also plastic. I cant tell what would be made of plastic on the inside, if anything. i thought it would be worth the question though. its always good to have some extra parts laying around especially if they are made of plastic..

4. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The plastic parts are the trigger guard, Forend spacer, and butt pads. Some had plastic stocks and forends and also some had screw on plastic front sight. NO internal parts were plastic.
    Mike

BlackEagle likes this.
  5. Joshua Dunkley

Joshua Dunkley Member

10-4 thanks. like i said i couldnt see why or how anything cold be plastic, but you never know these days.

BlackEagle likes this.
  6. Joshua Dunkley

Joshua Dunkley Member

i stumbled across this today completely by accident. it confirms that there are no internal plastic parts. Im not too impressed with the trigger guard tho. I believe these are available in metal and would probably be better if replaced imo. the fore end spacer is only available in plastic for now according to the guys at numerich but a good machinist could probably replicate the part. i know these guns last a long time in their original state, but murphys law and all. especially with plastic to metal meeting points... if anyone knows of metal replacements let me know. ill probably replace them for my friend since he is pretty much on the same page with at least have replacements on hand...

7. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yes I have the whole video.
    And many more from AGI.
    Mike

Joshua Dunkley likes this.