trap shoot in the wind/rain

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by EdP, May 11, 2019.

1. EdP

EdP Well-Known Member

Wow we had our season opener with 100 singles, 100 handicap and 2 sets of 50 doubles. The wind blew 35 all day with guests to 55. Rain in the morning off and on with some sleet and small hail. What an experience!! I'm ready for summer or spring if we get one ???

I was on station 0ne and got a hard left and the wind guest from 10 o'clock at the same time, I must have miss by 6' to the right :(
    This was a lot better then setting home watch the tv :)

2. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That must have kept things interesting. I’ve shot in the wind before and man oh man does that bird dance. Next year I’ll have to come visit when you shoot in the snow.....right, I’d freeze to death I sure but I remember admiring your dedication. That pic if all the stations dug out and 2-3 feet of snow all around was sumthin else.

BlackEagle, Broot and joe45c like this.

3. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ya'll are real Die-Hards. Even considering the bad conditions,I'd bet a good time was had by most.

ysacres, Broot and Firpo like this.
  4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I like to shoot in snowstorms. Its hard to get a good score with high winds. 2 weeks ago in our league we had 35 mph winds and we were at the 21 yard line. I got an 18 and was happy with that.

TreeDave, Broot and Firpo like this.
  5. EdP

EdP Well-Known Member

Any time I get out it is Great !!! But it would be nice to have a normal 60 deg day with winds below 10 and no rain !!! O-well Next post will be the dam 100 deg days with no wind :)

6. Empty_Holster

Empty_Holster Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Always good for a giggle feast as long as you don't take the day serious!!:bounce:

BlackEagle likes this.
  7. bumblebee

bumblebee Well-Known Member

I won't shoot my MX8 in the rain

8. EdP

EdP Well-Known Member

When I got home I broke down my BT99 and sprayed the action with brake cleaner then cleaned with Ed's red. The firing pin was real dirty. took some scrubbing to get it cleaned. Re lubed the action and then cleaned the stock and forearm. When I opened the action I could see water drops every where. U have to clean after a rain or in high humidity any gun u are using or hunting with. I didn't shoot my Citori Plus in the rain, used it for doubles. We shoot in any weather but we also clean our guns.

BlackEagle likes this.