The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Lever action guns are lots of fun.I also picked up a pump action 22 recently,that's fun too.I looked at 22 magnums also but I like to shoot them so much I couldn't afford to shoot it.I shoot both guns hundreds of rounds at a time.I'm glad you liked it.Maybe some day I might get one of them.I kinda like the idea of the extra kick with a magnum rifle.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Good for you Beth ! I love lever guns, they just have a feel to them and it reminds me of my younger years. I always looked forward to when I could go to my uncles and shoot his 39A, that was and is a sweet lil'gun. Guess that's why I wanted to get my son a lever action, so he could enjoy it and so can I.;):)

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I don't like the extra kick in my wallet buying the mags.
Cut back a little on eating out....
and shopping at Lincolnwood.........
you'll be fine along with your wallet !!
.22WMR's are almost a necessity,
rifle or pistol.....or both. [and fun, savvy,etc.] ;):cool:

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Good for you Beth ! I love lever guns, they just have a feel to them and it reminds me of my younger years. I always looked forward to when I could go to my uncles and shoot his 39A, that was and is a sweet lil'gun. Guess that's why I wanted to get my son a lever action, so he could enjoy it and so can I.;):)
Took me two years to trade my Brother out
of this 39D......[in 1980]
shootin'-est .22 I've ever seen.
Been through a flood/hurricane and
a sad excuse for re-blueing/refinishing.....
but still one helluva accurate shooter.
A little shorter than the 39A.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Leverguns - the cowboy version of the assault rifle.

Very handy, very easy to carry in brush, good shooting, and such a classic look. How can you go wrong?

I think my next one is going to be something .22, then I probably get one in a pistol caliber, and finally a 45-70.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I don't. I going to put a set of Skinner Tactical peeps on my 30-30 instead. I don't like a lot of things to catch up on brush and branches, and a scope would certainly snag on anything it can.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Me, personally,.....
I think a scope on the lever gun
detracts from the entire 'culture'
and 'beauty' of the gun.
I love scopes on bolt actions, semi-autos,.....etc.
My sight at 70yrs isn't what it was 50yrs ago.....
or 10......but I think a lever gun needs iron sights.
My opinion, yep,.....and I don't need John Wayne
'raising' from the grave to hunt me down and kick my ass....
because I degraded a legendary tradition. :):)

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Leverguns - the cowboy version of the assault rifle.

Very handy, very easy to carry in brush, good shooting, and such a classic look. How can you go wrong?

I think my next one is going to be something .22, then I probably get one in a pistol caliber, and finally a 45-70.
Nora....
a Henry Golden Boy [.22lr or .22WMR]
and a Ruger Single-Six Convertible [both cylinders]
Is....in my opinion....the ultimate pair of .22's

Then a .45colt Henry and a Ruger Vaquero .45......

etc....etc.....etc......

·
Premium Member
22,052 Posts
Scopes on lever guns. Who would do such a thing?

I have the Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag and my son got me a Marlin lever in 44 mag for christmas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.