Trigger Guard Lasers

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by pinecone70, Apr 18, 2009.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Does anyone have an opinion on the small lasers that attach to trigger guards? Just curious, as they seem less expensive than other options, and they are easily removed.

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

It seems to me that they would be easily knocked out of alignment. They are just held in place by set screws and a friction fit, right?

3. ilovenxstage

ilovenxstage New Member

I got one for my Firestar because that gun doesn't have an accessory rail, and I have trouble keeping it aligned. Part of the problem is the shape of the trigger guard makes it hard to mount solidly. I thought about filing the front of the trigger guard flat, but the gun has an alloy frame, and I don't want to risk weakening the metal. Out of frustration I just took it off and put it on one of my airsoft rifles (the front sight tower on my M4 carbine-it looks dorky but it works great).

4. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I was thinking this type of laser would be good for those firearms that have no Crimson Trace grips designed for them, or the ones that are difficult to sight in. Suddenly there are lots of these on the market and they are inexpensive. They would be easy to bump, too.

Thanks!

5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

some are better than others but non of them fit exactly right. shock from the recoil can make them dance all around.

6. poco424

poco424 New Member

Sounds to me, then, that there is no good laser sight for these weapons. Can one adapt an existing laser to this weapon using industrial glue or by drilling and tapping into the frame?

7. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Before you start thinking of doing some DIY gunsmithing, why not look into another gun that already has a laser on it? I'm an old man now, and I do not see a need for a laser on any of my guns. I have shot guns with lasers on them, but I keep wondering when that dang batter will run out of power. I also wonder about just how rugged these are. I know some here will swear by them, but they just aren't for me. I learned to shoot without them, so I don't really have a need for them either.