The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the devise that attatches to the guns trigger on the front and I think the cam type devise helps with travel and trigger pull.I tried to find one to try on my Mossberg 640KD but couldn't find one listed anywhere for any gun.I am sure I've seen pictures of these in catalogs of past.Has anyone seen this devise or where to look for one?Maybe I truly am going crazy like my wife says! I think it's called a trigger shoe. Thanks JOE

· Registered
18,462 Posts
http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=124587

That thing held on the trigger by the two allen-screws is a trigger shoe.

I don't understand your reference to "cam type device", or its helping with travel.

If you have a narrow trigger - let's say 1/8 inch wide, and your gun has a (for example) 6 pound trigger pull, then it FEELS like it takes X amount of force to pull the trigger. All the force required is being put on a strip of your finger 1/8" wide.

But if you put a wide trigger on your gun - let's says 1/4 inch, then the force required, while still being 6 pounds, will FEEL less, as all that force is not on a quarter inch wide strip of your finger.

A wider trigger FEELS like it reduces the pull. While many guns have different width triggers available, they have to be fitted to work well. It's much easier (and cheaper) to just bolt on a trigger shoe.

Or are you asking about this thing?

http://www.ezpulltriggerassist.com/

· Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Alpo thats exactly what I was looking for.It's been quite a while since I saw a picture of one and I guess I assumed the part under the shoe that touches the trigger was a cam shaped wheel.I was wrong.What you said about the width makes perfect sense.I will order one for my 640KD asap.It shoots good now but I feel the trigger could use some help.This may be the trick rather than a full trigger job.By the way I did key in trigger shoe but I think I did it after I was in a catalog searching their inventory list. Thanks again JOE

· Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way raysmithson1, I did Google" SMART %@# and guess whose user name popped up?

· Registered
3,584 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind about adding a trigger shoe to a firearm...
You're adding a little bit of extra weight onto the trigger lever so the possibility of a accidental discharge from thumping the butt down on the ground (with the safety off obviously) does increase a bit.

· Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guys.Cabela's has it for $32.99 + shipping.I think I'll only know if it fits when I get it.If it won't fit maybe it will fit another gun.most of my c-f rifles already have Timneys but a few .22's I could try it on and possibly one of my pistols.I'm curious if it will fit the model 10S&W. On the Moss rifle I'll keep in mind the chance of accidental discharge if bumped.I don't need it that sensitive. Thanks again for the help. JOE

· Registered
5,350 Posts
As already noted by Hawg, when holstering a double action revolver ( or any double action handgun ) with a trigger shoe, it is possible ( and has happened a number of times ) for the trigger shoe to ' catch' on the holster and causing the gun to fire. I have been told that amputation of one of your toes by gunshot can hurt like h e double L and ruin an other wise good day. Trigger shoes on revolvers are best used on guns meant for target or range use and not for everyday holster wear.

· Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RJay, Thanks I'll definetly keep that in mind.The shoe is for range use mostly except for the occasional armadillo that has hung around the house too long.The Mossy 22wmr makes a good armadillo dispatcher with Hornady V-max.Sorry,I got off subject again. Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.