The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question on an acog...
When sighting in the acog on my ar, I have to adjust the sight so far that it causes the crosshair to sit in a position that forces me to look at an angle through the scope. If I try to let the sight center in the field of view, the cross hair is way off to the left. I move left and the field of view is like a perpendicular eye. Anyone familiar with this. I'll try to get a pic of the condition.
It is sitting straight on the rifle. Lenses look to be aligned, but I'm not sure.

·
Super Moderator
41,399 Posts
I don't have an Acog, so I don't know how they line up BUT what you are describing just doesn't sound right!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's not. The eye naturally wants to center the cross hair in the field of view. It just wont. There is no evidence of trauma. So, I don't really know where to go with it.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I can't use an ACOG-have one sitting on shelf.I used to take off ACOG and trade for an Eotech,just cannot get used to the eye relief required and could never line up properly.It seems to be a human/ACOG interface problem with some people.My buddy loves his and he has no problems.You are'nt the only one out there with the same problem.

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
Sounds like it could be a mount issue. Do you have access to another optic to try; see if the issue happens with it as well. Or perhaps the ACOG is warped somewhat.

Reactions: tedwitt

·
Registered
117 Posts
It does sound like a mount issue but not enough info to tell really. With mine mounted correctly my nose is almost at the charging handle. Now with the crosshair centered where are you shooting?

Are you trying to co witness with the front sight? Don't take this the wrong way but is it a real ACOG? There are some very good fakes out there. What Model is it?

Using the ACOG is a lot different then all my other optics & took some getting used to!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's got to be a fake. My friend only paid $60. for it. I have it roughly dialed in at 50 yrs. Works ok if you don't mind half a sight picture. Drives me nuts!

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
It's got to be a fake. My friend only paid $60. for it. I have it roughly dialed in at 50 yrs. Works ok if you don't mind half a sight picture. Drives me nuts!
Generally if you buy a 8-1100$ optic for 60$-it's fake.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts