The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
You hear a lot of people talking about Kyle shouldn't of had a rifle and was breaking the law . He wasn't breaking the law by doing that it was allowed by law . The guy who pulled and pointed his handgun at Kyle and got shot in the arm was a felon and he is the one that wasn't allowed to have a gun . Are charges filed against him , I have not heard anything on that . Maybe there is more to that then what I know . I have heard about other felons who were stopped by police for a traffic stop who were arrested on the spot .

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Was Kyle a "vigilante" as the press is trying to imply, or was he just making sure he could defend his life if something bad happened, and it did and he did.

I live in an area that is forested, there are dangerous animals in the woods, I never go in the woods without a firearm, does that make me a poacher? No. It means I have the means of defending myself if a bear or cougar wants to eat me for lunch. If a bear or cougar attacks me or someone nearby me and I kill it, am I a poacher, guilty of a game violation, or was I acting in self defense?

Kyle was attacked by humans who were acting like wild animals, who fully intended to murder him and he defended himself. Granted, it was probably stupid of him to be there, but stupid is not against the law and neither is acting in self defense if you have reason to believe you are in grave danger of death or severe bodily harm.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Was Kyle a "vigilante" as the press is trying to imply, or was he just making sure he could defend his life if something bad happened, and it did and he did.

I live in an area that is forested, there are dangerous animals in the woods, I never go in the woods without a firearm, does that make me a poacher? No. It means I have the means of defending myself if a bear or cougar wants to eat me for lunch. If a bear or cougar attacks me or someone nearby me and I kill it, am I a poacher, guilty of a game violation, or was I acting in self defense?

Kyle was attacked by humans who were acting like wild animals, who fully intended to murder him and he defended himself. Granted, it was probably stupid of him to be there, but stupid is not against the law and neither is acting in self defense if you have reason to believe you are in grave danger of death or severe bodily harm.
I believe if stupid was a crime not many of us would have made it through our teens and twenties with out a few convictions.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So apparently it's OK to be a vigilante and when sh_t hits the fan start shooting. Rioters are bad...lawless vigilantes are good. What has our country come to?
The Kenosha teen is not a vigilante. You are in error. He was lawfully protecting private property.

He did not attack anyone. He was not the aggressor and he was not seeking revenge. Their purpose was only to prevent. They were not there to impose punishment or revenge.

He was attacked by a mov twice and used his weapon in self defense. The evidence from multiple videos is very clear.

Here in Idaho, he would have gad hundreds of likeminded residents and no riots would ever have occurred. Those are God given rights.

I wouldn’t say Rittenhouse was acting as a “lawless vigilante” when the shots were fired. He was protecting himself from bodily harm/being killed.

Prior to that, perhaps. And as a 17 year old, I’m pretty certain he was breaking the law wielding a firearm in the street.
A misdemeanor only.

I honestly don't understand how you feel this way if you've seen the videos I have. I can't speak for the initial shooting but the video of the second it's clear to me that had he not fired his weapon then he wouldn't be alive today to regret anything. I doubt he wants a "do over".
The first shooting was self defense as well with more than one attacker.

He is just in the wrong state. Trump is correct.

There's no question the second shooting is self-defense but how did the first shooting occur? That kid went to Kenosha looking for trouble and when he found it he shot his way out. Lawyers are going to have a great time arguing this case. I saw a blurb on the Internet his lawyers plan to argue the 2nd Amendment right that he was part a of "well regulated militia" which I think would be a terrible argument. Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for those shot but this kid was an idiot. BTW, one of the charges against him is one count of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.
You are overlooking the felon in possession if a handgun, another felony, that has not been charged and likely never will. He emptied his magazine trying to kill this kid before he blew the creeps arm off.

But you seem to have a vendetta against ANY American protecting their towns.

You are promoting a mindset completely antithetical to most on TFF.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
As usual we really need to step back and wait before getting our understanding of these evens set in concrete. A bit different picture than the one the jackals of the MSM have painted.
The kid may have been in over his head but he clearly is not some monster. He did however tread water pretty well. Murder I do not think so. Let’s wait till the cards are on the table before piling on the kid. He was attacked by three felons, a sex predator, a domestic abuser and the other who cares. The incident started because he put out a fire angering the terrorists. He then got separated from his group because he was tending to injured protesters. That’s when the sex offender and others started the assault. It did not go as they intended. The surviving attacker has stated his only regret is not emptying the magazine of his Glock into the kid.
Some charges may stick on the kid but I’ll shed no tears for the animals that brought their deaths on themselves. Again the powers that be that hold back the law are more responsible for these deaths that the kid because of their inaction.
Must see video. Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Eloquently put English Bob...and 100% correct.....What's missing is anyone asking why the police are'nt doing their job?Why are people paying taxes??...The answer-DEMOKKKRAT politicians that will destroy themselves to destroy the USA---they should be tarred,feathered and thrown into the flames.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have heard it said more then once and agree with it the cities having this stuff going on they are Democrat controlled states from Governors down to the courts . That's why Kyle is sitting in jail and the felon with the gun who got shot is still walking the streets . The only good thing can say about some of those thugs is at least they weren't wearing masks like the Antifa "we are anti fascist " goons . Trump has said he has been trying to let these cities do it themselves , which is what should be done . But American people must and will be protected and if those governors and mayors don't do it sooner or later he will . They have had their chance . How many days in Portland has this gone on 90+ ? Seattle and Minneapolis sure didn't do anything but watch .

·
Garandaholic
9,378 Posts
I guess the courts will decide the kid’s fate. As far as I’m concerned taking a rifle to the scene of riots and chaos to “protect” property without any legal authority to do so is being a vigilante. I think this kid played too many shoot ‘em up video games. Regardless, the kid now has an arrest record and is currently sitting in jail, I bet he’s wishing he had a do over.
If the mayors and governors would have done their jobs, regular citizens would not feel the need to defend their cities and this would not have happened.
The blood is on their hands.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Thanks for the link. That is the first time I heard that Kyle turned himself in at Antioch. The other reports stated he was arrested. That is quite a different scenario.
The dreaded "semantics"..

Reactions: Hawg

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
This is gaslighting. The terrorists and their press allies want us to blame victims, and many on the right are falling in line.

It may be that this kid violated the law by carrying a rifle. That is not clear yet. The other charges are asinine and baseless. I suggest reading the complaint. The leftist prosecutor who wrote it lays out the whole story, which proves Rittenhouse was defending himself. Then she charges him anyway.

1. Rittenhouse was threatened, pursued, and cut off from his companions.

2. Someone other than Rittenhouse started firing pistol rounds nearby.

3. The rapist and prison troublemaker Rosenbaum (check his Arizona prison record) grabbed his rifle and wrestled with him. At this point, Rittenhouse had reasonable fear that he would be severely injured or killed. He fired a few shots and then stopped. Then he stayed, called 911, and tried to render aid to the rapist.

4. Rittenhouse began running because a hostile mob was upon him. He heard people yelling about beating him up. He fell. A black man jumped into the air and stomped on his upper body. Stomping on skulls is a popular, effective way of killing people.

5. Huber, the criminal with the skateboard, attacked Rittenhouse while he was still down. A hard heavy object like a skateboard is a deadly weapon according to the law, when you use it to strike someone.

6. Grosskreutz, who may well be the first person who fired rounds, approached Rittenhouse with a pistol. Rittenhouse pointed his rifle at him. Grosskreutz did not drop his gun. He raised his hands and pointed the gun upward. He was still a threat. On social media, a friend quotes him as saying he regrets hesitating and not emptying his magazine into his victim.

7. Rittenhouse fired only as many rounds as needed to protect himself, and he ran immediately to the police, who were close by. He turned himself in, but they didn't arrest him.

8. While Rittenhouse may have broken the law by carrying the gun, there is nothing illegal about protecting a town with firearms. Many civilians across the country are doing it. Rittenhouse and the Kenosha Guard had the backing of the police, who gave them water and told them they were grateful for the help.

9. Kenosha was under terrorist attack because the government refused aid. There were only two alternatives for civilians: submit or participate in the response. Rittenhouse stood up while most grown men in Kenosha hid in their basements.

Letting the terrorists run amok is not a small thing. Imbeciles are saying insurance will fix everything. It really doesn't work that way. Many people are not insured. Many companies have insanely high deductibles. Many people are severely underinsured. And insurance can't undo physical harm to human beings.

Blaming the victim is helping the terrorists, and civilian participation in resisting is going to be essential in the months ahead.
Great post Bob. One thing I would add however, is that most (if not all) insurance companies do not cover damage from "Civil Unrest" AKA "RIOTS". A lot of business owners will NOT be compensated.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I guess the courts will decide the kid’s fate. As far as I’m concerned taking a rifle to the scene of riots and chaos to “protect” property without any legal authority to do so is being a vigilante. I think this kid played too many shoot ‘em up video games. Regardless, the kid now has an arrest record and is currently sitting in jail, I bet he’s wishing he had a do over.
I don't think the kid should have been there but he was. And from everything I've red and saw he was defending himself. Some time when government refuse's to stop terrorist's, the people have t take it on themselves. Then holier than tho people jump up and call them vigilante's! Well maybe they are but seem's to me if your government won't do something you had better. Grow a set of B*lls and fight back!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I don't think the kid should have been there but he was. And from everything I've red and saw he was defending himself. Some time when government refuse's to stop terrorist's, the people have t take it on themselves. Then holier than tho people jump up and call them vigilante's! Well maybe they are but seem's to me if your government won't do something you had better. Grow a set of B*lls and fight back!
That was my reaction at first, why was the kid there in the first place. But, a business owner came while he and some of his friends were cleaning graffiti from the High School. He said yes and volunteered to protect the man's business. 2/3 had already burned.

He got separated from the rest of the group when the police moved their lines while he was attending to some of the wounded "protestors." He was attacked by a mob when he went back to the gas station by himself. That is why he was separated.

His lawyer stated it is remarkable that he only shot 3 that directly attacked him and did not shoot indiscriminately at the entire mob.

The more I learned about this young man, the more respect I have for him. He is a true survivor and a true warrior.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Kyle Rittenhouse has some high powered lawyers working on his behalf. Looks like they have a lot of exculpatory evidence. In a just world, he never would have been arrested. Even with the high powered lawyers, he is going to be tried in a very anti-white, anti-cop community. A change of venue should be the first course of action.

Here is a new video of the shooting from Tucker.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kenosha-shooting-new-footage-kyle-rittenhouse-tucker

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
With the exception of the lawyer couple in St Louis, most acts of private citizens protecting themselves or property go unreported by the MSM. Unless the goons get shot. Then the breaking news is that a mass murder has occurred. Armed shopkeepers who stood by their businesses during the Ferguson riots got very little press. Due to, IMO, the fact that the "protesters" were afraid of being killed. Things have gotten much worse since then. Goons now know that their actions have no consequences. Not even a spot on their records, just a get out of free card, if they get arrested at all. Many people are afraid to protect themselves because the courts lock THEM up rather than the criminals who threatened them. This kid is another example of what can happen to you if you do. The media is feeding the fire by portraying him as a "vigilante" set on killing innocent people. I don't see any way he can get a fair trial. Even though he shouldn't be in jail to begin with.
It's all part of the anarchist's plans, and it appears to be working.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts