The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so... I've been wanting to try tula primers for a while now. that 20$/1000 price tag was attractive.

I saw 8 boxes at a show this am.. 4 sr 4 lr I thought.. here's my chance.

they were 44$/1000!!! and sold already.

what?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Wow, thats exactly how these gunshows operate around here, reloading components are priced higher than local stores AND the entry fees are $15 to get in.

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
earlier this year I saw some and passed on them at 20$ a box as I pretty much like win primers.. but.. I wonder if low overall availability of primers has made restock orders high? or if the people are really gouging 2x price.

I know it's happening on ar mags...

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have never seen Tula primers at shows priced anything like $20 per K. Only from Powder Valley or one of the other online sellers. Show prices are usually competitive for guys wanting to buy 300 primers or something like that quantity. If you want to buy 5K try PV online, if they still have any in stock.

G

·
I love wolf primers.

1/2 the cost of CCI and they are better primers.

I ordered 10k of them. 5k Large Rifle 5k small rifle.

·
Super Moderator
28,128 Posts
earlier this year I saw some and passed on them at 20$ a box as I pretty much like win primers.. but.. I wonder if low overall availability of primers has made restock orders high? or if the people are really gouging 2x price.

I know it's happening on ar mags...
It's both.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I love wolf primers.

1/2 the cost of CCI and they are better primers.

I ordered 10k of them. 5k Large Rifle 5k small rifle.
As much as I downplay the bernaul ammo products, reading this has got me thinking...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heck, guys. There aren't even any inexpensive ones around any more, much less 'cheap'.
DennyMac

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I bought 1,000 Tulammo small pistol primers for $29.99 + tax today. That was all the small pistol primers they had and I was surprised they had any at all.

·
Registered
609 Posts
In NY, I have no interest in gun shows anymore since the prices of things are not competitive with local gun stores.

Example? ....Alliant Red Dot was selling at a NY show recently in August for $30 a pound. CCI primers were $40 per 1K.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Small pistol is what I mainly buy.
Been a tad scarce around here the last few months.
Plenty of small pistol magnums and both small and
large rifle.
Last weekend at the LGS/reload bench I bought
3K CCI SP No.500 @ $34.99ea and 3k Sellier&Bellot
SP @ $29.99ea.
The week before....1K Federal SP for $32.99

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i need to check the walmart the next city up.. they stock relaod equipment and had some cci primers last week ( i cleaned them out ).. I need to check them again..

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Small pistol seems to be a hit or miss...I have'nt hit yet:),but with a couple billion .40(ex)ordered by gov't,factories are probably working over to fill their orders....Gun show prices on powder here always stay the same,primers and look alikes are hysterical....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts