Turkish mausers

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

gamehunter3
    (7/23/02 6:20:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Turkish mausers
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well my order came in of the 3 mausers I bought from guns & ammo. A couple of weeks ago I bought one of the $59. from SOG no bayonet. It was in pretty nice shape after a good cleaning and refinishing the stock. But the 3 that were $39. I just got, two were just as nice and I didn't even have to refinish the stocks and one was a little rougher but not much. The bores were shiny with good rifling, and they came with bayonets, but no scabbards. The lady on the phone said the scabbards were really dented up so thats why she didn't send them. They seem like pretty nice people there.

Jerry in Florida

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/23/02 8:23:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Turkish mausers
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, I guess one of these days I will need to order something from Guns & Ammo. I just remember the old days when they were Burns Brothers - yup, they burned me then.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

mauserman454
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/24/02 6:39:29 am)
    Glad to hear you are happy with your purchases. I have ordered several turkish mausers from SOG recently, and have been very happy. I think these Turkish Mausers are some of the best deals going.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (7/24/02 2:19:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Turkish mausers
    Glad to hear that you're happy with the Turks. As 454 said, they are one of the best deals going right now.

I have read many Many numerous bad reports about WG&A. Now with-in the last month or so the reports have started to change to the good side with customers being happy. I personally know someone how has seen them in action and the way they treat walk-in customers. After hearing his report, I've been scared to even look at their ad in the SGN's.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/31/02 2:46:32 am)
    here's a couple pics swiped fomr another forum I frequent - guy cleaned up a couple Turks, sure are bee-yoo-tiful!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/31/02 6:43:12 am)
    I have redone the stocks on several of them that turned out to have that beautiful fiddle-back walnut pattern.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/31/02 6:56:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Turkish mausers
    Dang! I've got an old Turd, er, I mean Turk sitting around doing nothing. Might have to get to scrubbin'!

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/31/02 7:18:06 am)
    OK - now that I look at them closer, there are three kinds of wood - top is the fiddle back walnut, the middle is what looks like some kind of oak, and the bottom is the furry beech stuff. I have seen all of these wood types, plus a very dark walnut variety. They sure used some different woods in their stocks!

The stuff that appears to be oak and the beech stocks are normally thicker in cross section than the walnut stocks.