The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got the "itis"!!! first one in a 1981 Glenfield 60 the other is a 60's Westernfield lever 22. Both had the stocks redone and finished with Tung Oil, Barrels stripped and reblued and the aluminum was Duracoated. Internals were polished.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Did you simply use cold blue to re-blue the barrels? The 12 gauge I have coming in is going to need to have the barrel stripped and re-blued. I was figuring on cleaning it nicely with 0000 steel wool then doing a cold blue to the barrel.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Nice job on the rifles!

But a clean work bench like yours is... well... not normal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all.... WHSmithIV -I use Oxpho cream on the barrels and regular Oxpho on the small parts, sometime I use Arts Belguin especially when I am browning/bronzing a barrel. I don't use it cold until the last application. I heat the barrel warm to touch with heat gun then apply. The trick is prep... I stip and sand the barrel on my lathe, some barrels I polish, then overnight in warm degreaser to a rinse bath then heat and blue. I have my method, others have thiers. I hope this works for you.

GunHugger - A clean work bench is the sign of a sick mind..... I have been told I am a little AR/OCD.... yeah yeah.... what you don't see is the pile of stuff on the bench behind me... and neither do I when I am taking pics. (actually my shop is spotless....)

PMK - I hope it never ends thats why I am pursuing doing this as a business. I love giving old shooters a new lease on life. Some of the guns I have posted were old rusted, pitted, scratched, nasty old guns. I am looking for more of them to work on. Thanks for the comps...

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,537 Posts
Very nice work, spud9!

·
GUNZILLA
7,068 Posts
I'll take both of them. Nice job.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I have a Glenfield in the safe but it sure doesn't look like that one. I was thinking about getting rid of it but now have second thoughts.

So the question is: how does it shoot?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dons2346, it shoots just fine. After I do a build, of disassemble/reassemble, I always run at least 20 to 30 off in my shop. Not one ftf, fte, or ftl. Perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts