The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
Has anyone order any of the U-Fix-Em guns from Century Arms? Their site says that the guns are missing parts, could be any parts including bolts?
Just wondered if anyone tried and just how many parts were missing. They are advertised as parts guns.
Thoughts on this subject?
Thanks Bill

·
Registered
802 Posts
If the ham fisted gun gorillas at Century can't put it together it can't be much.

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
I was looking at their website and expect for the info in their policies I couldn't find how to order one. Additionally, apparently you have to have a dealer login to order anything...

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Most of the posts I've seen from guys who purchased the u fix em's have bought several of whatever it was they were after. One guy bought three Mosin 91/30's, got two good ones but the last one had a chunk of cleaning rod crusted into the bore. Another bought two of the SKS's and one was missing the receiver cover retainer and the safety, the other one had no magazine. Been thinking about getting a couple myself. And yeah, you have to have an FFL of some sort on file with them to even look at what they have. Lot of S&W revolvers last time I was there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well, it was a few years ago but I ordered a u fix um Yugo SKS for $69.00. Only parts missing were the bayonet and cleaning rod. The rifle functioned perfectly right out of the box.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I ahve bought U-Fixums from Century in the past. Bought 10 Mosins for about $160.00. I waas able to rebuild 5 and sell them. Sold 4 of them to Numrich for whatever they would pay and I am looking to rebuild the last one for my self.
It will be rare that you get one that is usable right out of the box but usually with minimal expense you can salvage 2 or 3 out of 5 that can be used with confidence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts