The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well I decided against a new cylinder, but now I am having a new problem. I need to find a new extractor star for it. I found one, but it is just enough off it will not work. Any ideas on this one gentlemen?
They're fitted matched parts from the factory. To replace the extractor star you also have to replace the cylinder.

·
Registered
433 Posts
So, if I buy a new cylinder it will come with the star?
I would check with the seller to make sure. Numrich used to sell the parts separately but finally learned that 99.999% of the time that it didn't work. So now they just list the cylinder and ejector star together.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Those won't work. Not sure where the seller got the idea that those are U.S. Revolver Co. cylinders, but they're not (probably Harrington & Richardson).
Iver Johnson never offered the U.S. Revolver Co. top breaks in a six shot to my knowledge and the front of the cylinder is wrong for an IJ built revolver.
Cylinder assemblies from the Iver Johnson 2nd model Safety Automatics will work as they're basically the same gun.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The seller is way over priced on that lot IMHO. If you look closely at the pictures both grips are broken.
Check your inbox for a PM I sent last night.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Give it up on the revolver. It's only worth $100 in good shape. Take that $100 + a few bucks more that you were going to spend on it and buy a Heritage SA revolver or a Ruger Wrangler. You'll be much happier with either of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I actually found a cylinder and extractor star with the help of another member. This is one I just want for fun, it will not be fired all the time. It is my oldest revolver, with my oldest rifle being one from the late 1930s that I am very happy with.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts