The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was redirected to this forum in hopes of finding value on my U.S. revolver Co 22LR marked 149. It has plastic / rubber grips , it is a 7 shot , top break , 149 under the trigger guard, and 149 under the left grip. Approx 80% of plating remains, gun Barrel is a bit loose , trigger guard and hammer are bluing. It is marked U.S. revolver co on top of the barrel. No other markings observed. I am hoping that this is one of the early first models as it has such a low serial. From reading previous posts I understand this is the cheaper mail order version of the Iverson?

·
Super Moderator
26,931 Posts
It would still be helpful if you would post some pictures.
I'm not going to lock this thread, but please post some.

Reactions: Tbizkit

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Your revolver was manufactured in 1910, and was manufactured by Iver Johnson using surplus 2nd Model Safety Automatic frames. They were sold exclusively thru the mail and were a successful line for Iver Johnson. It is considered a black powder frame, not safe for modern smokeless ammunition.

You should have it checked out by a competent gunsmith if you plan on firing it. Black powder .22 are impossible to find, but I would hesitate to fire CB's or very low pressure .22's if all checks out.

Value is not going to be much, maybe $125-$150. Perhaps more for a collector looking for a low serial number gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts