The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 22 cal. small frame top break hammer action 7 shot nickle plated revolver with 2 lines of words on the top side of the barrel that say U S Revolver Co. ( 1st line ) Made in U S A ( 2nd line ) with a serial number of 1988 stamped under the left grip and the bottom of the trigger guard ,there are only the numbers 1988 no letters before or after. I have read several forums but still can't find out the right answer . U S Revolver or Iver Johnson ? And by the serial number what year it was made, also all the Iver Johnson's revolvers I looked at have a owl head at the top of the grip, mine has a fancy design where the owls head should be , sort of like a" mushroom "with diamond shapes in the head and a fancy arrow in the stem of the "mushroom" , and a ships wheel around the screw, with a crown at the bottom flat of the grip. all the shapes I described are raised and the rest of the grip has a very fine diamond criss cross pattern , they are made of wood. I am interested in finding out the date, where to get a breakdown schematic and or parts if needed. thanks

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
US Revolver Co. was the mail order daughter company of Iver Johnson. There should be some patent dates on the barrel.

Here's a link to an earlier thread for the same pistol:
http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=47595

since the serial number is 1988 the pistol will have been made circa 1910 or 1911. 1910 was the first year they were made.

Bob's Gun Shop should have parts for it or MiGa Gun Parts in Georgia. Numrich also has some parts for it..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts