ugh

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 68c15, Dec 5, 2017.

1. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Well-Known Member

Oklahoma be cold this morning, in 20's, suppose have high in 30's.
    I had reschulde a appointment to have work on my lift. Don't want to do complete 'Deploy' unless you cycle though a few times or get someone to do it manually from inside.
    Had it in last Thurs but they had get parts and said be at least 3 hours shop time..
    Sprinter no crank this morning. I knew had glowplug problem now for year but odds of breakage to great for 14 year old Sprinter and shop says no more cold weather than we have just live with it.
    Figures the weather person said been 362 days since been this cold. Yesterday was in 50's and Fri to be in 50's. This weekend suppose be in 60's!
    I guess the oilpan heater is toast, too. Because it didn't seem to have warmed anything.
    Be 2 weeks before they can get her back in. Hope she keeps working at least as good as it is til then.

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

When y'all are talking about pellet stoves and pellets, I have no idea what you are talking about. Is the stove a special thing made just for these pellets or is it just a wood burning stove or a coal fired stove and the pellets are a replacement for the wood or coal?

When I lived in Rhode Island many years ago, oil stoves were the way to heat the houses.

3. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

Six hours west from here Mom and Dad have been getting snow since Yesterday around 7 pm. They have an 80 percent chance of snow the rest of the day and goes up to 90 by 3pm. The town is Alpine Texas.

I was getting ready to ask the same when I saw your post.

4. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

You beat me to it!!! Dangit!
    I've thought about putting in a wood stove or pellet stove. Or one of those set ups that heat your home and water at the same time...

5. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I believe the pellets are wood. It’s like a wood burn8ng stove however it has an auger fed by a hopper filled with the wood pellets. Every so often the auger automatically turns dropping more pellets in to be burned. I’m sure it’s adjustable and the hotter you want things the faster it dumps the pellets.

But that’s just my guess. Don’t exactly have need for such a device in my parts.