uh oh... Binghamton Standoff at immigration services center

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lori Mick, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I wonder what inspired this!

4 People Shot, 41 Hostages Taken at Immigration Center in Upstate New York
    Friday, April 03, 2009

Print ShareThisDEVELOPING: At least four people have been shot and 41 hostages have been taken at an immigration center in upstate New York.

Binghamton, N.Y., Mayor Matthew Ryan told the local Press & Sun Bulletin newspaper that the gunman had a high-powered rifle at the American Civic Association.

The shooter was described as an Asian male in a green jacket, according to local reports.

Apartments and schools in the area have been evacuated or were on lockdown.

The mayhem began about 10:30 a.m. EDT Friday.

Four people were taken from the building on stretchers and moved to hospitals. The Binghamton SWAT team is on the scene.

At least four people have been shot and several people taken hostage at an immigration services center in Binghamton, N.Y.

Mayor Matthew Ryan tells The Binghamton Press & Sun Bulletin on Friday that the gunman has a high-powered rifle.

The newspaper reports there are 41 hostages in the building of the American Civic Association. It says apartments are being evacuated.

Four people have been taken from the building on stretchers and moved to hospitals. The Binghamton SWAT team is on the scene.

The incident started about 10:30 a.m.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512441,00.html

2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I just heard about this myself. Just what we need, another incident giving gunowners a bad name:mad::mad::mad::mad: I too wonder what caused this.

3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I heard 13 people shot, gunman has 'high power rifle' what ever that means..

And a negotiator is being sent in, right, the guys clearly in the mood for a chat!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
  4. artabr

artabr New Member

I'm just sitting here shaking my head. :mad:

Art

5. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Incident by incident the anti's are celebrating. If these incidents continue, at the pace their coming, the media's, day in day out, opinion altering reporting is going to start having the desired effect.
    "if Washington doesn't do something quick this crisis will turn into a catastrophe."

It don't look good gentlemen.(and ladies)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  6. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I just read on the Fox news website that the lunatic just killed himself. Why don't the news outlets ever call these people what they are...crazies, lunatics, derranged madmen....instead of gunmen.....hmmmmm.

7. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Mind you, 'ere the year is through, we'll hear a 'Roll Call' of all these incidents on the Senate Floor, and the door will swing a little tighter on our 2nd Amendment Rights.

8. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

They reported the guy was Asian?

Could it be that he might have been an illegal alien who couldn't get a green card? Or maybe if he wasn't....then he was pissed that illegals were getting more then him?

Anything could have sparked it. Hell....last week I was pissed when Pelochit called the illegals, Patriots.... I know that pissed off alot of people....

sigh

9. SARG

SARG Member

On duty or off ......... carrying a sidearm almost all the time. This was less than an hour away and supports that uneasy feeling I continue to be getting.

10. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Don't know yet if the shooter was a citizen or not. He was of Asian descent. How is it that we have a gazillion gun laws but these guys still get weapons? We all know that these a$$holes do us all a great injustice. Not only do they kill indiscriminately, but they just give all those politicians more fodder for more laws. It truly is tragic. TJ

11. 94z07

94z07 New Member

Maybe they should make the American Civic Association a gun-free zone. Because we all know that would be killers can be stopped by placards that say "Gun Free".

12. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

The guy was Vietnamese.....and they think he just got laid off from IBM....

The stuff that I don't understand is why do these wackos take other lives when they want to kill themselves anyway?

I don't get it....

13. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

The mayor said, "The best you can hope for in those situations is armed security or an off duty cop being already in the building".

How about armed citizens? Makes too much sense.

Attached Files:

14. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    For the I-know-better-how-you-should-live-your-life-than-you-do elitists, yes, it apparently does make too much sense...

15. army mp

army mp Member

Isn’t it nice how SWAT, Police, and Sheriffs Office secured the area and take reports after the fact. Those stringent Gun Laws are doing a Bang up job in NEW YORK do you think it may have had a different out come, had one or two people in there had a CCW permit. but the left will say the Evil gun took control and made him do it.