The Firearms Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I gave a C note for my Inland....35 years ago(?). Bought several extra 15 round GI mags for a song and a dance about the same time. A friend of mine and I split 3000 rounds of Lake City, FMJ for about $150.00 total. I still have most of it.

·
Registered
18,051 Posts
Got my Inland from the CMP, 15 or so years back. Didn't get it for $100. 🤣

Bought a Universal back in the '80s, for my daughter to use for deer hunting. Bought a thousand rounds of Winchester ball ammo to play with it. Sold the gun off sometime in the late 90s. Was looking in ammo cans one day (y'all ever do that? See that stack of ammo cans over in the corner and wonder what might be in them?) And found that thousand rounds of Winchester ball. 😆

·
Registered
4 Posts
The South Korean army used the M1 carbines for years and passed them on to their home reserve in the 1980s. KCI made their mags and they can still be purchased on GunMag Warehouse. They work fine in my Fulton Armory M1. PMC ran their ammo plant on a line designed and built by Winchester. I bought some of their surplus ammo (1983-85 dated) from SGAmmo, 1080 round sealed cans, in stripper clips and bandoliers, about two years ago. Excellent mil spec ammo. Some of it may still be on the market. It was about $0.38 per round at the time. Goes for about $1.00 + now. Hornady makes a 110 gr FTX carbine ammo that feeds well as does the Federal RNSP ammo.

If you recall, South Korea wanted to return thousands of Carbines back to the US about 10 years ago but Obama nixed it. They would have been a nice add to CMP.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The 30 round magazine has a small projection to catch the extended M2 designed magazine catch when both are present you will see how things are stabilized. There are two sets of springs and plungers so be careful when disassembling.
Sig 10. We gave over 1 million carbines to Korea.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The South Korean army used the M1 carbines for years and passed them on to their home reserve in the 1980s. KCI made their mags and they can still be purchased on GunMag Warehouse. They work fine in my Fulton Armory M1. PMC ran their ammo plant on a line designed and built by Winchester. I bought some of their surplus ammo (1983-85 dated) from SGAmmo, 1080 round sealed cans, in stripper clips and bandoliers, about two years ago. Excellent mil spec ammo. Some of it may still be on the market. It was about $0.38 per round at the time. Goes for about $1.00 + now. Hornady makes a 110 gr FTX carbine ammo that feeds well as does the Federal RNSP ammo.

If you recall, South Korea wanted to return thousands of Carbines back to the US about 10 years ago but Obama nixed it. They would have been a nice add to CMP.
I bought around 1000 rds of the Korean mmo about a year ago..good stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Any of you have one of the $20 (shipped) CMP carbines from 1962? Like an ignorant person I traded mine to my BIL!

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
18,051 Posts
No such thing in 1962.

DCM - Department (division?) of Civilian Marksmanship.

Lodge brother of my father had six of them sitting in various corners of his house. Said he got them through the NRA back in the early sixties. $25 each.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
No such thing in 1962.

DCM - Department (division?) of Civilian Marksmanship.

Lodge brother of my father had six of them sitting in various corners of his house. Said he got them through the NRA back in the early sixties. $25 each.
Excuse me . . That was a along time ago - and it was $22 dollars

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I gave a C note for my Inland....35 years ago(?). Bought several extra 15 round GI mags for a song and a dance about the same time. A friend of mine and I split 3000 rounds of Lake City, FMJ for about $150.00 total. I still have most of it.
Same here - you could buy em surplus for 75$ down at the local department store back in the late 70s and early 80s. I already had 30-30s and other deer guns and varmint rifles also so never bought one. If I had only known then what I know now it would be different.

They were around a few more years until the sks rifles started showing up then kinda faded away.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts