The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to loading and have my first question for everyone. I am going to load 9mm rounds with 115gr fmj. I have a lee progressive and came across a couple pounds of Universal. After doing a lot of reading in loading books and here I can't really find my answer. I see a lot of you like ball powder while loading smaller rounds but will the universal distribute good consistent charges using the lee progressive loading 9mm rounds. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Universal is a wafer type powder but it should work OK in the Lee. I have used it in a RCBS measure without any problems. I also have a Lee pro 1000 but have only used Blue Dot in it so far and it seems to be good with it. The Blue Dot is a larger wafer than the Universal. I have loaded a few 9mm with Universal and 125gn bullets and it works great. Because the Universal is so small just make sure you don't double charge the case.

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you've got loading data, you're good to go.
You have to check the charge weight being dispensed, as we all have to do. You are your own QA dept.
I have no problem with Lee powder measures and Unique or Red Dot. All my powder measures have some problems with Trail Boss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts