The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
17,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one on the right has me totally stumped

i'm thinking the left one is off a boys rifle of some type , its familiar but cant place it

i'm guessing both are .22 lr rimfires

any help appreciated

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I had an old Stevens single shot .22 LR that had a bolt that looked very much like the one on the left. After you ejected and inserted a new shell, you had to pull the knob at the top to cock the action so it would fire.
The one on the right looks like a tapper on a beer keg I used to have at college, but then it was always pretty dark in the closet we kept it in.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
The one on the right is a Winchester 67 bolt.
Here's an auction with one disassembled. The 67 bolts were chrome-plated from the factory, so that's the original finish.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...l&id=4363882008E65FA2955096D2CA3D9604E294A362
I don't have any pics of dad's 67A up here at the moment otherwise I could show you a complete one.

The one on the left is from a cock-on-open action. I can't put a brand name to it from the angle of the picture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.