Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Unknown Muzzleloader

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by drummerck13, May 9, 2009.

1. drummerck13

drummerck13 New Member

I was recently browsing through Dixon's Muzzleloading Shop in PA near Hamburg, when I happened upon a very large benchrest muzzloader. It was about 6' 6" from buttplate to muzzle. its hexagonal barrel was 6" to 7" in diameter. the tag read "50+ caliber, molds included". it's most notable feature other than massive size was the fact that it's percussion hammer was on the bottom of the barrel, an inch in front of the trigger guard. i was in a rush and the owner was busy so I didnt get a chance to ask if it had a story. anyone know the origins of this rifle?

2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I do know Numrich in the 60's and 70's had a number of under hammer firearms made, both rifle and pistol. They had the rights to the Hopkins and Allen name and used it . They nothing to do with the original H&A. Is your rifle one of those?, don't know. Under hammer rifles are not unknown and there were a few made up ( mid 1800s0 if yours is one of those the price would reflect that.