UPDATE RE-TRICARE STOLEN FILES

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/10/03 10:06:00 am)
    Reply UPDATE RE-TRICARE STOLEN FILES
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well it appears the results of the stolen files have started. A USAF sergeant was called and said we have your social number and they then gave the wife's and kid's numbers also.

Some threats about going to war were passed on also. This man has had an unlisted phone for the last 10yrs.

I got a listing of the info they had on me and it sucks to have that much info running around in the wrong hands.

I read yesterday that Tri-care offered a 100K reward for return of the files. Like closing the barn door after the live stock is gone.

Smoky the pi$$ed

Edited by: Smoky14 at: 1/10/03 12:14:27 pm

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/10/03 12:03:03 pm)
    Re: UPDATE RE-TRICARE STOLEN FILES
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whatcha talking about Smoky? Who is tricare?
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/10/03 12:17:15 pm)
    Reply Re: UPDATE RE-TRICARE STOLEN FILES
    Tri-care is a firm that handles health care claims for a health care coverage provider that is for almost exclusively military personell. Someone broke into their headquarters and stole their database of clients - includes all their personal data, social security numbers, etc.

Usafirst
    (1/11/03 5:21:11 pm)
    Update;
    Located in Arizona,about a half-a-million files stolen...Looks like to protect everyone involved,a chip will have to be implanted,doncher think ?

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/12/03 5:25:34 pm)
    Reply Re: Update;
    Nothing like calling a guy just as he is about to deploy and saying " I know where you live and when you're going and I'll be here to harass your family". Doesn't make the mission easier when someone is playing head games with you via your family.

We look after our own.

Edited by: Smoky14 at: 1/12/03 5:27:12 pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.