The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new law in NY requires background checks for ammo but is silent on reloading components like bullets, brass, primers and powder. The law on background checks does not take effect until the state of NY establishes a background check system similar to the federal system - NICS.

Unfortunately, UPS is no longer shipping these to NY.

·
Super Moderator
30,472 Posts
I can understand being able to identify primers, powder and live ammo but brass and bullets. How are they going to know?

Another reason to never think of living there.

·
Premium Member
20,869 Posts
just got back from my local gun shop, and he is running short of componets here in NY, he let me buy only 200 lg pistol and 200 lg rifle primers. He did say that he could not get powder at this time, but not because UPS won't ship it, but because suppliers can't keep up with demand, same with bullets and primers, His only problem now is business is really good, but he hasn't got much to sell!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They will ship to an FFL but not to an individual because, under state law, a background check is required for the purchase of ammo. the background check does not apply to components and it is not in place until the state can develop a background check system. none-the-less, UPS is not shipping components to individuals in NY.

·
Registered
10 Posts
NY has everyone so scared they are going to break some law they refuse to send anything. It is easier to not send anything till the dust settles and they are sure they are not in violation of some NY law. You can't get ammo, components,magazines or guns sent here from most suppliers at this time. New York just sucks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts