The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info on a US Revolver Co 7 shot 22 caliber pistol I found in my dad’s garage. It s/n on the handle and trigger guard is 22. I thought that was the caliber not the s/n. Please advise. DC156415-9DE0-45BC-8249-D962590DEDB9.jpeg EA7EE3B0-3B23-4A68-9B84-CD32F5AC1FD4.jpeg 331CF63E-78CA-4D4B-B6A7-1A5097DBEC7D.jpeg B15C2660-3ED1-4FF9-87AD-FFC2D363487E.jpeg 1CD790A0-F46C-4C01-AA65-F9EA4FC50C2F.jpeg FBF5068B-1D8A-4090-83F8-316DE0FD77D7.jpeg

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Your revolver was manufactured in 1910. US Revolvers were manufactured by Iver Johnson using surplus 2nd Model Safety Automatic frames and sold thru the mail. They did not have the safety features that were on the Iver Johnson, such as a transfer bar and the hammer the hammer action. They are considered black powder frame guns and not safe for modern smokeless ammunition.

That low serial number may become desirable for some collectors. The barrel doesn't appear to match the frame. Remove the cylinder and look for the serial number under the top strap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your revolver was manufactured in 1910. US Revolvers were manufactured by Iver Johnson using surplus 2nd Model Safety Automatic frames and sold thru the mail. They did not have the safety features that were on the Iver Johnson, such as a transfer bar and the hammer the hammer action. They are considered black powder frame guns and not safe for modern smokeless ammunition.

That low serial number may become desirable for some collectors. The barrel doesn't appear to match the frame. Remove the cylinder and look for the serial number under the top strap.
Thanks for the info. The s/n under the top strap is 22. Do you know what the letters in the circle on the handle stand for?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Thanks for the info. The s/n under the top strap is 22. Do you know what the letters in the circle on the handle stand for?
Missed that, but I was viewing on my phone. Those are not the original grips, they are from a different manufacturer for a different gun. I have no idea what gun they are for.

The correct grips for your gun should have US in that area.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Your gun is considered a small frame. Here are some modern reproduction grips that would be correct for your gun.

There are also several original grips on Ebay, but there is no indication as to the frame they are for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts