The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I obtained a US Revolver Co 7-shot .22. It has a serial number of D23207 stamped in the handle under the removable grips and the words "U.S. Revolver Co" & Made in U.S.A." stamped on the top with no other markings. Can anyone tell me what year this gun is or where I can look it up? I assume this gun is not worth very much especially given its condition. I have never fired it but it appears to be in sound condition to fire.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The US Revolver was manufactured by Iver Johnson using older black powder style frames when they converted to smokeless powder frames after 1909. US Revolver started as a mail order side business for Iver Johnson but proved to be quite successful with production running to the 1940’s.

Yours is based upon the Iver Johnson Model 1900 Double Action frame. It has the wrong grips, a replacement cylinder pin and barrel appears to have been shortened. The sear is also missing which will only allow it to function in double action. The trigger guard is not properly seated and may also be a replacement.

Value would be minimal on this $50 maybe $60. It could serve as a good project for someone wanting to restore it, but there isn’t a great deal of interest in these especially in the condition it is in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the great information! Do you have any idea what year it was manufactured? Also, does anyone know what kind of round this would fire? I assume standard .22 rimfire. I don't know a whole lot about guns so I will probably take this into a shop to get the details before I try firing it at a range or something.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Sorry, I don't know the year of manufacture other than between 1909-1940. I believe these were chambered in .22 Short, how long is the cylinder?

It's always a good idea to take older firearms to a gunsmith before attempting to fire them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts