The Firearms Forum banner

US Revolver Co ? value and manufact. date

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bill75 
#1 ·
hello all i have a 5 shot break open 32 revolver with US circled on the grips and US REVOLVER Co with the "o" under scored, if that matters. To be up front i have no intention to sell so price is unimportant to me it was given to me from my grand father along with a really old full paper box of ammo. My question is about the manufactor date both on the trigger guard and under the grip is the number 5096 with no letters before or after. thank you for your help.

Bill

#2 ·
#3 ·
I did sir, I read it first, and every location I have found with a number only contains the numbers 5096. I can find no-where on the gun any letter prefix. I have looked through some Iver Johnson's U. S. Revolver Co. numbering data bases before and they all included some kind of letter prefix, that's why I decided to ask around on this forum which includes people who know a lot more about these guns than myself.

Thank you, and I appreciate any help anyone can give,
Bill

#5 ·
In this case your gun was apparently made in 1910, first year of Iver Johnson's U. S. Revolver Co. production, regardless of hammer or hammerless, frame size, or caliber:

Letter prefixes were not added to U. S. model serials until 1917, and Goforth's book lists 1910 serials as 1 to 14250 for all sizes, with footnote "estimate"

Pics of address markings on barrel also show the o in Co underlined in 1910-11.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.