The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UTS-15 (Urban Tactical Shotgun 15 Round) is a bullpup shotgun from Turkish manufacturer Utas Arms.

(Paraphrased from World Guns:Modern Firearms)

In 2006 S&W requested Utas Arms for an unorthodox tactical platform to expand their shotgun line. Utas already manufactured many shotguns under the S&W name, so they accepted; the arms company used the South African Neostead 2000 as a design template for their new creation. Due to internal problems S&W withdrew from the project in 2008, and Utas continued development under its own name. A semi-automatic version as well as rifles and grenade launchers are planned to be built under the patented platform.

I wouldn't really call it 'ultimate', but definitely interesting!:D

What d'y'all think?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I watched the video, and was wondering when they started making 12 ga. shells in yellow hulls. Also, from the way the shooters head was jumping around, I doubt the recoil is as light as they claim.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Interesting - I wonder who will import it, OR if ATFE will arbitrarily designate it a Destructive Device.
I'd like to try one, definitely. I also would have to say with the flip open mag loading ports that fast reloads might be an issue. Still, I like it. Turkey has some excellent gun makers.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Interesting - I wonder who will import it, OR if ATFE will arbitrarily designate it a Destructive Device.
I'd like to try one, definitely. I also would have to say with the flip open mag loading ports that fast reloads might be an issue. Still, I like it. Turkey has some excellent gun makers.
The ATF have their heads so far up their butt puckers they don't know if they're goin; or comin'. Regardless, I think they have US based manufacturing plant, but I'm not sure. And I agree, the loading gates look like they can be a major PITA in a critical reload scenario.Plus the magazine tubes are exposed at the top (Can we say "Chauchat") that's just asking for a jam IMHO.

That makes three bullpup shot guns that ,I know of, with two magazine tubes: the Neostead 2000, KSG, and now the UTS-15.

·
Premium Member
34,364 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.