The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an A.H. Fox double barrel 20 gauge. I was hoping to get a "rough" estimate of the worth.
It has Krupp Fluid Steel Made By
A H. Fox Gun Co. Phila. PA on the barrels.
Each side under the barrels has the logo Ansley H. Fox
The serial # is 201124 (so I think it was made around 1918
Under barrels when disassembled it has
PATD
Aug. 18 -1904
May 11- 1909
May 2 - 1911
Under one barrel it looks like it has a "B" on the barrel underneath
and a "4" on one barrel further down.
It has scroll design and has a couple of Quail with a Mtn background in front of the trigger guard.
I don't know what choke it is. I am assuming one barrel is Modified and one is Full.
The wood is in ok shape considering it is so old.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mark,

It sounds like you have a B grade AH Fox 20ga which is a fairly rare Fox as the B grade was dropped from the catalog right around 1918. (AH Fox guns were made/shipped until around 1942) An estimate of value is near impossible without knowing whether the gun is still in it's original factory configuration and what type of condition it's in. It may be a fairly valuable gun if it is in it's original condition & configuration. I collect AH Fox guns and would be happy to help with more info if you'd like to pursue it. I am interested in knowing more about your gun.

Tom [email protected]

·
Premium Member
9,911 Posts
I recently bought an A.H. Fox double barrel 20 gauge. I was hoping to get a "rough" estimate of the worth.
It has Krupp Fluid Steel Made By
A H. Fox Gun Co. Phila. PA on the barrels.
Each side under the barrels has the logo Ansley H. Fox
The serial # is 201124 (so I think it was made around 1918
Under barrels when disassembled it has
PATD
Aug. 18 -1904
May 11- 1909
May 2 - 1911
Under one barrel it looks like it has a "B" on the barrel underneath
and a "4" on one barrel further down.
It has scroll design and has a couple of Quail with a Mtn background in front of the trigger guard.
I don't know what choke it is. I am assuming one barrel is Modified and one is Full.
The wood is in ok shape considering it is so old.
Hi and welcome to TFF!!
We can help you here just post some pics. so we can see what condition your gun is.
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts