various forums

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bntyhntr6975, Aug 2, 2013.

1. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

As most of you have, at least at one time or another, I have visited and even joined a few other firearm related forums. Without naming any, I have to say that there are some very rude forums out there to try to participate in. Geanted, every forum seems to gave a couple 'self appointed know it all gurus', that have to nit pick any little thing, and just make everything unpleasant. Im sure several others have experienced that also. Im not against a discussion, but some just want to argue. I read and try to learn, more than I actually post. At times, thats to avoid making a wrong statement, or to avoid a potential argument. Take this evening: I replied to a question (in a different place) with (what I thought to be) a correct answer. Immediately, was ganged up on by 2, arguing and Im a liar and Im wrong and dont know what Im talking about. In my reply to them was a copy of a post (from here) stating a proven experience that it can be done, and what needs done to do it. Not good enough. Not real sure I even want to go back, and its only my 3rd day there.

2. V509

V509 Active Member

I look at several different forums.
    It seems kids hang out at one.
    Two are very heavily moderated.... as long as you agree with the Mods you are good!!
    There are a few that every one seems to get along just fine and act like grown ups!!

3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

I am a member of several other gun forums. This is the only one I go to daily. I do go to one that is only on shotguns several times a week. The other ones I only go to Once every few weeks. I come back here as I like most of the people and the mod's.

4. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

I do belong to a couple of other forums, but they are not gun forums. One is a forum for the car I drive, the other is for my lawn mower, and I only visit them when I have a question I need answered.

5. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

BntyHntr, I've noticed the same thing on one particular forum.Some of them just want to argue or discredit you. Bunch of condecending self rightious @$&*$@#s! Maybe they're mostly lawyers. I'll stay here till ya'll throw me out. Joe

6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I appreciate that no one has named any other forums, as we intentionally make a policy not to discuss other forums. Whether good or bad, we just don't need to bring their business here.

7. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's me as well. I am on here most every day and for better part of the day at times.

8. hobby_mesa

hobby_mesa Well-Known Member

I've been going to TheFirearmsForum.com almost every day and it's...oh, wait, that's THIS forum...never mind :).

9. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I've got several that I go to, some are for specific firearms that I own and if I sell that particular firearm I usually remove that site from my favorites and don't return. That being said, I've also run into the "know-it-alls" and they really chap my hide, they're really annoying to those of us who DO know what we are talking about!

10. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I bought a plaque for my wife that said:

Those that think they know it all
    Upset those of us who really do!

She was not amused - -

11. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Are you still wearing that plaque?:D

12. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

OH YES, I've always belonged to several sports boards many now are dead or dying because of nasty or mods that don't give a hoot about what goes on.

I use my LastPass favorites button to auto click on 3 forums everyday....including this one! :)

(Oh I love that LastPass password manager!!)

13. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

I get on this forum 1st thing in the morning to see what is going on. I get on it when I get home from work. Every one here for the most part thinks the same way I do. I have been lucky to meet some of the members here and they are some real good people.

14. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

actually came to this forum after tiering of the infighting and rudeness of a gun blog i was on... had been on for years. sad too.. there WAS alot of info there.. just too much 'stuff' to wade thru to get it.

On the flip side.. this is like a buffet of info.. nice people too... aven that nmckenzie guy ;)

15. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

I change into Mr. Hyde when it's time to freshen our cats' litter box. :)