The Firearms Forum banner

Venison heart recipe, anyone have one?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  RYANINMICHIGAN 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a recipe that doesn't mask the flavor of the meat.

got any??

thanks
Anthony

#3 ·
Slice and dice, soak overnight in salt water, toss in the crock pot with your venison roast.

Alternative prepare as above, saute till soft and add to scrambled eggs or mashed potatoes.

By the time you cut away all the vents and tubes you can't eat it's already in pretty small pieces.

Other wise just saute them, dip the pieces in milk then dip it in flour, salt and pepper and pan fry them.

#4 ·
I always eat the heart the day of or the day after the kill; by far the best meat of the whole animal.

I slice it crossways to the chambers to make rings/circles about 1/2" thick or so, roll them in a bit of flour and pan fry in butter.

Doesn't get much better than that! so not really a recipe, but that's what I do with it.

Done veal hearts before in the oven with stuffing of one sort or another, but fresh deer heart is king IMO.

#7 ·
I always eat the heart the day of or the day after the kill; by far the best meat of the whole animal.

I slice it crossways to the chambers to make rings/circles about 1/2" thick or so, roll them in a bit of flour and pan fry in butter.

Doesn't get much better than that! so not really a recipe, but that's what I do with it.

Done veal hearts before in the oven with stuffing of one sort or another, but fresh deer heart is king IMO.
This is how I have always cooked it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.