Venison recipies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

V.I.P. Member
    (2/1/03 7:58:09 am)
    Reply Venison recipies
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been asked by a friend to cook a venison dinner.

Before you say it, yes I do in fact have friends. No, they have not escaped from the local loony bin. No, they are only partly depraved. Yes, its is amazing.

I have about a 3 pound roast, nicely dressed. I have made venison meals before ? the basic roasts, chili, steaks, etc., but I am hoping someone out there has some really special recipe they will share. I am an experienced chef, and unafraid to try most anything in the kitchen.

Responses are needed most promptly as the dinner is tomorrow night (2 Feb 03).

If I get enough responses, I might compile them into a book and post them back for everyone to use.

Thanks in advance.

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/1/03 11:31:31 am)
    Re: Venison recipies
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry, I dont have a recipe for roast, but I will share my deer steak marinade which I think is awesome.

1/2 C-steak sauce
    1 Tbs Soy sauce
    1/2 C- Italian salad dressing
    1/3 C- Honey
    1/2 Tea Garlic powder

I usually toss in some garden grown, (dried) anaheim peppers, jalapianos.

Mix well in blender, marinade over night.

Fry or grill steaks as usual.

~Donny
    ------------------
    United We Stand

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/1/03 1:46:32 pm)
    Reply Re: Venison recipies
    OK - try this:

I soak the roast in regular milk for about 24 hours in the fridge, turning over once. Remove, drain, pat mostly dry.

Mix up a package of dry onion soup mix with enough red wine to make a marinade mixture. I usually add a little of the broiled meat seasoning and a dash of garlic powder to help the flavor. Let marinade in fridge for 4-6 hours, turning over once.

Get a baking bag, a pyrex dish and add the meat and marinade to bag. Oven should be at 350 deg. Cook for an average of 20 minutes/lb, using meat therometer to tell doness. The marinade that has cooked down makes a great stock for dipping, gravey or whatever.

Enjoy.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.