VKT M39...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

The LawII
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/19/02 8:25:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All VKT M39...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7.62X54r...

ThePitbullofLove
    (7/20/02 2:54:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SAKO M39...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ThePitbullofLove
    (7/20/02 2:57:27 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: VKT M39 in a wartime SAKO stock..
    Honestly, I got it this way from the distributor.

The LawII
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/20/02 6:19:17 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Very Nice!!!...
    They look good!...How do you like shooting them, I haven't tried to shoot beyond 200 yds yet. Thinking about putting a scope on it...

ThePitbullofLove
    (7/20/02 12:15:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Very Nice!!!...
    They're nice.
    The SAKO has a little better trigger pull than the VKT, but they both shoot about the same. I haven't done accuracy work over 200 yds., but I get about 2"-2.5" off the bench without a rest using Czech Silvertip ammo.

The LawII
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/20/02 5:34:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Ammo...
    ...Is the ammo corrosive or non-corrosive...I'd like to find some bulk non at a good price if you know of any places let me know. Thanks!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/20/02 7:59:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ammo...
    Law, chances of you finding non-corrosive ammo isn't that high from what I understand.

I'm sure it's made - but the gun was made to use corrosive ammo - just take some ammonia cleaner and squirt it down the barrel right after you are done shooting (of course use a swab to clean out the worst of it after you spray ammonia down the barrel).

Works great with the .303's!

The LawII
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/20/02 8:26:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del "T"
    ...What do you use?...What brand name...(Law the ignorant)...

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/20/02 9:17:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: "T"
    I picked up 20 rounds of Wolf (believe it or not they made some 7.62x54r).

Your best bet is to go online and check with some of the ammo places - yes the ammo will most likely be corrosive but it works.

I use Turkish 8mm in my Turkish mauser (what else of course) and it works great - again you just have to clean the barrel right after you are done shooting. You can do a quick clean like I described above and that'll usually neutralize the corrosive stuff till you get home and do your normal thorough cleaning.

Try here

aimsurplus.com/acatalog/AIM_Rifle_Ammunition_8.html

Edited by: TallTLynn at: 7/20/02 10:29:44 pm

ThePitbullofLove
    (7/20/02 11:50:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: "T"
    The AIM Yugo 7.62 x 54 is niiiice. I shot some 2 weeks ago, 1992 production. I was told it was non-corrosive, but as with all milsurp ammo, I cleaned it like it was. Accurate, reliable, and clean. Good stuff.

www.aimsurplus.com

The LawII
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/21/02 6:58:21 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Thanks for the link...
    Took a peak...and pricing is not to bad,especially the .30 caliber ammo!..Thanks again.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/21/02 8:49:31 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Thanks for the link...
    Anytime Law, anytime. It's nice to be able to help someone else out. Even on the little stuff.