The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was having some FTE problems with cheaper ammo in a S&W M&P 15-22 pistol. I'm aware of the common ejector alignment issue, but that wasn't the problem. A friend was having the same issues before replacing the factory extractor with a Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor. He also replaced the firing pin with one of the Volquartsen Surestrike firing pins since the bolt was out. It's not an expensive upgrade. I decided to do the same since my Federal Automatch ammo didn't like the short barrel of an M&P 15-22 pistol. CCI Mini Mags work fine though. So, I did the swap on the pistol today and the results are awesome. It ate the magazine I loaded up with the previously problematic ammo and had no hiccups, just like the CCIs performed. I still have to do the swap in an M&P 15-22 rifle. I already have the parts on hand for the rifle too. Here are some pictures for anyone who has wondered about the difference in the stock S&W extractor and firing pin versus the Volquartsen pieces. The Volquartsen parts are bright, versus the black S&W parts. I just figured I'd share. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts