The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
I have a Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 - haven't shot with it yet, still waiting on Wyoming as a whole to thaw out. But I'm VERY happy with it just going off the glass and overall construction of it. My only gripe is that all but their Razor line are made in China. And that's mainly for political reasons - otherwise, as much as I love buying American, we're not the only country that makes high-quality stuff.

At least I could peel off that "Made in China" sticker. 馃榿
No, Americans typically design it and often times build the factory for their bodies to man the automated equipment that we designed here so they can produce our products for us. The rest, they reverse-engineer or just outright steal in some cases off of our designs. There's very little original thought and/or design that comes from a communist society. I wish I could share it here (I can't), but I know of one product sold by a Chinese mainland company that they still sell with the drawing number machined into the side of it from the US company that originally sent them the drawing. They pay to machine a feature that they no longer need because they're just copying what they've been given. It's just hilarious.

EDIT: A former Mechanical Engineer and Chinese-born coworker (recently retired) used to talk about this. He told the story of giving an assignment to a group of Chinese students to draw a cat. He said you'd get the same perfect cat from every student. You give the same assignment to Americans and you'd get something unique from every student.

Registered
I wonder how the innards hold up to something with real recoil.

Premium Member
I have 4 or 5, love them all. They all have lighted reticles, to bad they are made in china unless you go to the top tier of their scopes.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was looking at my Nikon ProStaff rimfire and it has stamped on the bottom made in Indonesia. I don't know of any scope that is made under $500 made in the USA. I always bought Nikon as I had good luck with them. They are no longer make rifle scopes so I was looking for a replacement. Vortex seems to be my best option right now.

Registered
Many scopes will work with .22's but the recoil from something more substantial knocks the adjustments off. So many parts going into the things we buy today are so much lighter and cheaper than than what worked well for us not all that many years ago.

Premium Member
Wonder no more lol. The vortex copperhead 4-12x44 will not hold up with a 458 win mag. I don鈥檛 recall the exact round count but, it was under 30.
That's disappointing. I hope the new Vortex I just bought for my 30-06 does better. That .458 cannon has a lot more recoil so hopefully it'll be OK.

Registered
I have 3 Vortex scopes, a 6-24x50 PST, a Strike Eagle 1-8x24, and a Sparc. Never had a problem with any of them. The PST is a little on the heavy side.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts