The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Applied for our mail-in ballots last week, received them this morning, filled 'em out and they'll be on their way to Anchorage tomorrow. Biggest hassle was finding the required $0.55 worth of stamps in order to mail them. Had a few 29 centers in the kitchen's "stuff" drawer so we splurged and stuck two on each envelope. :)

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Applied for our mail-in ballots last week, received them this morning, filled 'em out and they'll be on their way to Anchorage tomorrow. Biggest hassle was finding the required $0.55 worth of stamps in order to mail them. Had a few 29 centers in the kitchen's "stuff" drawer so we splurged and stuck two on each envelope. :)
We voted yesterday. I voted for Biden/Harris of course.

Just Kidding. Seeing who is paying attention.

Idaho has an envelope already with a metered stamp on it. Not sure why oil rich Alaska doesn't do the same. I will look up online in a few days to see if they have counted our ballots. I dropped them off at the Kootenai County Election Center a couple of miles from our house.

But voting in person this year probably not a smart thing to do for a lot of us on TFF.

Got ours in the mail yesterday...
Not very happy about it.
We wanted to vote in person.
Just the smart thing to do Rae. I didn't have to mail my Trump/Pence, straight GOP ballots. Just dropped them off at the election center for the county a couple of miles from our house. Idaho makes the mail in ballot system work well up here. No reason needed for requesting a ballot, just do it online and in about 10 days, it arrived and filled it out according to the Idaho GOP voter guide for our county. Same for my wife.

At least we aren't one of those families that cancel out each other's votes!!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Will vote in person when the early polls open here in Texas...I spend my days at the schools, crowds of kids (4300 at one high school) all wear masks, but passing period (between classes) is JAMMED wall to wall. Ready for the Lockdown to come down! Local COVID count jumped several hundred when one of the local prisons was blighted by the virus..very few severe cases, most like Donald Trumps..

·
Super Moderator
38,540 Posts
I got a mail in ballot a week or so ago, I ripped it into a dozen pieces and trashed them.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Oregon went 100% mail in ballots several years ago. We haven't recieved our ballots yet but the whole fammed damily is voting for Donald and voting to try to remove as many Democrats as we can. Even Kathy's BFF, a lifelong Democrat, is voting straight Republican.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I dropped our ballots off at the court house yesterday, there was a whole van load of elderly women who I let go ahead of me. They made my day when I asked if they to were voting for Biden. And the one lady who looked to be about a 112, said. Hell no, we are all voting for Trump this time, cant trust those damn democrats anymore. She asked why i was voting Biden. I said I'm not but you ladies out number me so I thought id take the safe route...lol. I was met with a bunch of hugs and a we're glad some of you young people are still respectful...it made chuckle as I am 49 and grey, gotta love those old ladies.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,896 Posts
I just emailed my ballot, with a request that someone let me know it arrived OK and that the ballot is OK.

I had to fill out an affidavit that because this has been emailed in, I give up my right to a secret ballot for this election. This is what people in the service have been doing all along; they opened it up to US citizen civilians this year because of the pandemic panic. I thought about using the USPS, but after seeing reports of dodgy mail deliveries, I opted to go the email route.

·
Administrator
24,985 Posts
I refused any mail-in ballot.
I voted yesterday during our early voting time.
Large crowd for our small town.
We waited in line for 30 - 40 minutes so not too bad.
Some people in line were talking about friends in Atlanta
standing in line for 5 - 6 hours to vote. I'd call that a very
large turnout.

·
Super Moderator
38,540 Posts
I refused any mail-in ballot.
I voted yesterday during our early voting time.
Large crowd for our small town.
We waited in line for 30 - 40 minutes so not too bad.
Some people in line were talking about friends in Atlanta
standing in line for 5 - 6 hours to vote. I'd call that a very
large turnout.
I was watching the local (Channel 2) news yesterday evening and they said that some folks waited 8 hours!!

·
Administrator
24,985 Posts
I'd like to see a picture of that crowd.
People are voting that haven't voted in years.
They are realizing how important this election is
if we want to remain a free country/

1 - 20 of 31 Posts