The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just about every night for the last 2 weeks I have stopped in my local walmart looking for ammo. in the last year I have gotten to know the sporting goods manager because every time I'm in the store I go back there and talk to him.
last night I was there getting other stuff and figured I may as well go see if there is any ammo. again, empty cabinets except for large rifle and .22 shorts. then the guy comes over and calls me by name, "are you looking for ammo?" "we got some in today but it is mixed in with other departments' stuff. tell me what you're looking for and if I find any I'll call you before my shift ends at 10:00". just before 9:00 he calls me and says we got some 9mm and .22s in Remington. "thank you, I'll be there in 7 minutes" I said.

now, walmart has a policy where you can only buy 2 boxes per person per day. this guy is so understanding and polite he let me buy 3 boxes of 9mm, 3 225rd boxes of .22, and a box of .380. he said it is against rules but since I have been here almost religeously and leaving empty handed I deserve it.

we kept the whole transaction covert as to not alarm other shoppers. he also knows I only need it for me and my family and I would never resell it. we talked about that disgusting trend and how we both abhor it. I left after saying thank you about 15 times.

oh, by the way. pricing was normal and not inflated

·
Super Moderator
28,132 Posts
Lucky you. The wife drug me to wal-mart the other night and the ammo cabinet was all but empty. Some 243, 06, 300 mag and some shotshell. Very depressing.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Congrats on that for sure. Not many workers at wmart would even do that, none the less
take the time to actually call you.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
glad you got some ammo

no disrespect intended, but I guess you got caught off guard without a good stock pile
not a good situation to be in.

I bet, when/if this thing blows over, you won't be in the same spot twice

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glad you got some ammo

no disrespect intended, but I guess you got caught off guard without a good stock pile
not a good situation to be in.

I bet, when/if this thing blows over, you won't be in the same spot twice
no disrespect taken. I was caught off gaurd since I am a nooby at guns. I can garun-damn-tee it won't happen again. while I am not about to horde ammo with things the way they are once it clears up I will stockpile slow and steady. shoot one, buy two;)

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
no disrespect taken. I was caught off gaurd since I am a nooby at guns. I can garun-damn-tee it won't happen again. while I am not about to horde ammo with things the way they are once it clears up I will stockpile slow and steady. shoot one, buy two;)
there you go!

2 is like 1 and 1 is like none ;)

since the last scare, I just added the ammo I don't reload onto the wifes grocery list when she made her monthly trip to walmart.
an $18 box of 22 LR or 9mm is an easy thing to pick up while she is already there
funny thing is she got into the habit of checking for me, she would be at walmart and text me to see if we needed any ammo while she was there

I love that woman:D

·
Registered
548 Posts
there you go!

since the last scare, I just added the ammo I don't reload onto the wifes grocery list when she made her monthly trip to walmart.
an $18 box of 22 LR or 9mm is an easy thing to pick up while she is already there
funny thing is she got into the habit of checking for me, she would be at walmart and text me to see if we needed any ammo while she was there

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
there you go!

Every time we go to wally world the wife reminds me to check the ammo. I bought, or am still buying, some ammo from Goofy. That was about a month or so ago. Other than that, I've been buying some 00Buck, and slugs when I can. The rest of the ammo I need, I have plenty of.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Normally I expect to open these kinds of threads and be horrified by greed, avarice, profiteering, and just genreal hoarding. Not the case at all here. It reaffirms my faith in human nature when I see someone with a great opportunity not take it overboard. Great find and congrats!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I was in a Wal-Mart store this morning, no pistol ammo, no rifle ammo, no .22s either. They shelves were bare except for some shotgun shells.

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
things are looking up. I was at scheels this afternoon looking for a holster and just wandered over to the ammo area. the cabinet was fully stocked with winchester 115 FMJ 9mm. I tried flagging down an employee and while waiting about 15 other guys showed up wanting 9mm. I restricted myself to 1 box of 100 rounds. no reason to get greedy folks.

they better get some primers on the market or else I will have 4000 once fired shells. LOL

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
caught off guard or not. I still try to buy a box when I can.. and I got 'enough'

no clear date whent he shortage will catch up.. 'if'

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
things are looking up. I was at scheels this afternoon looking for a holster and just wandered over to the ammo area. the cabinet was fully stocked with winchester 115 FMJ 9mm. I tried flagging down an employee and while waiting about 15 other guys showed up wanting 9mm. I restricted myself to 1 box of 100 rounds. no reason to get greedy folks.

they better get some primers on the market or else I will have 4000 once fired shells. LOL
Cabelas had them only the other day, they may be gone now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts