Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Garandaholic
9,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me say I spend limited time and money in Walmart
That being said, lately I troll through when I get a chance in hopes of scoring the elusive ammo

Walked up expecting some shotgun, target .22 and maybe some .40.
They had that and then I saw 2 100rd boxes of Rem. UMC .38 sp
at the regular price of 35.77 a box. Grabbed a clerk quick. She was patient while I looked at the significant amount of .45 acp they had. However the .45 was at quite inflated prices.
So I took my 200rds of .38
When I got to the car, I looked closer. It's .38 +P! Bonus!
Clerk told me it comes in drips and drabs and goes out as soon as someone sees it. Guy walked up 30 seconds behind me and was oh so jealous of the .38 find. He bought all 500 rounds of .45 they had

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
I scored 300 rounds of CCI minimags a week or so ago. Thiungs are still flying off the shelves, but it is starting to look like its slowing down a bit.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hearing these stories makes me glad I'm a handloader. There is no shortage at my house. I haven't bought factory ammo except shotgun and rimfire in seven years. Glad you were able to find some.

·
Registered
19,290 Posts
Hearing these stories makes me glad I'm a handloader. There is no shortage at my house. I haven't bought factory ammo except shotgun and rimfire in seven years. Glad you were able to find some.
being a loder is of little help if the raw supplies are gone too.

sure.. maybee I can load up a couple years worth of shooting ammo.. but what then?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have actually had much better luck finding components than at finding factory ammo. This weekend I am driving through PA on the way to CT and back, and on the way back I plan on stopping in at Bass Pro in Harrisburg. Will let you guys know what I find, if anything. I'm looking for more .224 and .40 bullets. Those are the only things I only have a few hundred of.

·
Registered
618 Posts
being a loder is of little help if the raw supplies are gone too.

sure.. maybee I can load up a couple years worth of shooting ammo.. but what then?
Thats a good point but if components never come back I'm sure factory ammo won't either. I probably have enough components to last a few years and enough lead to cast 56,000 LSWC's 200 grain. I should be able to shoot all the matches I want without having to worry about running out. When the crazyness goes away I make sure my stock is kept to the levels I am comfortable with. If the components don't come back I shoot less and have enough ammo for a long time. If you are a handloader and you are prepared you can make it through the tuff times like in 2008 a lot easier than somebody dependant on factory ammo. The key word is perpared.

·
Registered
19,290 Posts
i have primers and powder and brass a plenty. shy on projectiles.. though I'm sure I could ramp up to casting if needed suppleis don't come back within a year.

i just find it hard to believe that the supply chain is still this slow getting this out. I know most co's say they are working 100%.. if that IS true.. then there is a huge amount of ammo being absorbed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.