Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Walther 7.62

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by RSF, Jan 12, 2018.

1. RSF

RSF New Member

I have an opportunity to buy a Walther 7.62.
    serial number 991130, it also reads SA der NSDAP gruppe mitte
    I would say the finish is about 75%.
    could anyone tell me aprrox. the worth of this gun ?

2. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Can't really say with out pictures.
    AND what model it is.
    Mike

Kvasir likes this.

3. RSF

RSF New Member

Attached Files:

4. RSF

RSF New Member

will these pics work

5. Old Guns

Old Guns Well-Known Member

Some better pictures of the left side markings would help and the inscription on the grip is hard to read. It looks like a Pre WWII Gun used by the SA / Brownshirts. Could be valuable but the condition is down. If rare enough it will offset the condition some.

6. RSF

RSF New Member

I will work on some better pics. Guy is asking $1,000.00 ??

7. RSF

RSF New Member

grip reads SA der NSDAP gruppe mitte

8. Old Guns

9. Danny

Danny Member

That is a nice piece of history. The things I see wrong with it is first that peppred finish really hurts the value as a collector pistol. The other confusing part is the production date is ,around 1937 and the SA Party was almost kapute.Remember the night of the long knives when Hitler had Rohm arrested & later murdered with most of the Brown Shirts. I cannot put a date but know it was early 1930's. That is also when Hitler made all the ROHM ingraved daggers to be ground off. That is why I am a little confused? Brings up the thought that a previous owner may have had it done. There is so much faking going on today it's awfull. You cannot even buy a German WW2 medal without finding later it's junk. Do not take any offence to what I have said, there just brings a big question mark to my head.
    If u should get this PP, I have a very nice eagle n slide with all the hardware in it, if interested let me know.
    Kind Regards
    Danny

10. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The purge of the SA Brown Shirts, ( AKA Night of The Long Knives because of all the murders ) took place in 1934, after 1934 I can not see anything being engraved with any thing SA, it would be the same as saying " Hey, shoot me too " My book shows that serial number being used in 1937/1938, so , don't know, in this case I don't know if one plus one add up to two.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  11. Old Guns

There are many pistols exactly like this with serial numbers very close to this that are selling for many thousands of dollars. The sites that deal in German WWII exclusively seem to accept them as rare and correct.

12. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

His money, but if I was the potential purchaser I would want more research. There is indeed a complete industry turing out fake, guns, knives, belt buckle's, rings, watches, even helmets and helmet liners, in the German relic market is not only buyer beware it is buyer be screwed.

Danny likes this.