Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Walther Model 8 Estimated Value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Andrew McAvoy, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Andrew McAvoy

Andrew McAvoy New Member

I have a Walther Model 8 that has been passed down through the family. It belonged to my Great-Grandfather who brought it to America from Germany. It was purchased strictly for protection and through the years the gun has barely ever been fired. I am looking to sell it and wanted to get an estimation on the value. Through my research, it appears to me to be worth somewhere between $2,500 to $4,500. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Serial number is 465688.

Attached Files:

2. Andrew McAvoy

Andrew McAvoy New Member

I don’t know how detailed the pictures I posted are, but all of the engraving is intact. The barrel also appears to have no rust as the gun was kept in a low humidity environment. In my opinion the gun is in perfect condition. I also have not been able to find any others like it online.

3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Taken from one of the value books I have so take it for what it is worth. Prices ALWAYS very from what the book says.
    Model 8
    A 6.5mm semi-automatic pistol. Finishes either blue, silver or gold. Most were engraved, slide only. slide and frame and complete coverage overall. Grips are checkered hard rubber, with WC logo on one grip and 6.5mm on opposite side. Ivory grips are seen with many of the engraved models. Introduced in 1920 and produced until 1944.
    Engraved Slide and frame
    NIB---- Ext-$2500 V.G.-$2000 Good- $1100 fair- $450 Poor-#300
    Engraved, Complete Coverage
    NIB---- Ext-$4000 V.G.- $3500 Good-$1400 Fair-$500 Poor-$300
    Hope this helps It does not add for the Ivory Grips.
    Mike

crystalphoto likes this.
  4. Andrew McAvoy

Andrew McAvoy New Member

Thanks goofy, that does give me a good idea. I think I will pay to have a proper appraisal done in the future. In your opinion, how would you rate the condition of the gun based on the pictures? I don’t see any wear on it whatsoever so I’m assuming it should at least be V.G.