The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This Walther Bolt Action was shipped privately from Germany to the USA. I acquired it around 2003 in a Lincolnwood, Il gunstore “Shore Gallery”. It still has the factory hang tag! Double Set Triggers, .22 magnum, 22 1/2” bbl., Mannlicher stock. It was produced in 1961 as a 75th Anniversary Limited production .....does anyone know how many were produced or what it is worth. An East coast Walther dealer had told me that none were imported to USA and he personally never seen any. SN 48,xxx

·
Super Moderator
38,507 Posts
Pretty rifle!

·
Premium Member
11,193 Posts
I thought this site was to find out the value....
As howlin' said, it is. Now, the rifle was not imported to the states as a stock item, you say. An east coast Walther dealer has never seen one, you say. It was evidently imported by an individual, you say. Know what, there's a lot of rifles meet that definition no one on here would have a clue as to their value. I kind of....specialize....in SOME old German, British and American firearms, their history, loading and shooting. I'm fairly familiar with pre-war firearms. NOT newer firearms.

Would you prefer that someone just make up a number? Did you check any European gun auction sites? Did you look for a Walther specific web site? Most makes have a site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought this site was to find out the sounds like a plan
As howlin' said, it is. Now, the rifle was not imported to the states as a stock item, you say. An east coast Walther dealer has never seen one, you say. It was evidently imported by an individual, you say. Know what, there's a lot of rifles meet that definition no one on here would have a clue as to their value. I kind of....specialize....in SOME old German, British and American firearms, their history, loading and shooting. I'm fairly familiar with pre-war firearms. NOT newer firearms.

Would you prefer that someone just make up a number? Did you check any European gun auction sites? Did you look for a Walther specific web site? Most makes have a site.
value....
thanks for pointing me in some directions.

·
Premium Member
11,193 Posts
Joe, good luck and, should you find something, please post back with what you learned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts