Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Walther P38/P1

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

audazfox
    (1/29/02 4:09:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Price check Walther P38
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've inherited a Walther P38. It's stamped 9/59, also 928, also 071928. Some upper parts are composite. It's in excellent condition. Perhaps never fired. What's it worth?

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/29/02 4:19:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Price check Walther P38
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What other markings are on the gun? Also, what do you mean by 'composite?' Many of the P1's have alloy frames, but the slides, etc should be steel.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

audazfox
    (1/29/02 9:21:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Price check Walther P38
    Someone said the slide was "composite," but looking at it I think it's steel. The slide and the trigger area are painted camo. The left hand slide is stamped with a 4 point star, and eagle (I think) and a circle with a dot in the center. It has the Walther logo etc and "928." The right side has another eagle and "9/59." The left trigger area is stamped "Interarms, Alex, VA." Also "071928" and another circle with dot. The right trigger area has two more eagles and a mark I don't understand, it looks like a large X with some markings behind it. How old is this gun?

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/29/02 11:20:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Price check Walther P38
    Not 100% sure without seeing it, but it is probably the P1 version of the Walther P38. Interarms imported W German Police and Army trade-ins during the 70's.

The gun was probably made in 1959, although that could be a repair/rearsenal mark.

Value in the condition you describe is no more than $300.