The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just acquired a Walther PP Super in 9x18,but have been advised that 9x18 Makarov ammo cant be used in his pistol as the bullet diamiter is larger than the Walthers bore. Apparently the Walther uses its own 9x18 rd which is different to any other 9x18. Can anyone advise me as to whether this is a fact,or am I being wound up a bit.Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
570 Posts
9x18 Makarov does have a larger diameter bullet, (.365 i believe), so trying it might not ne a good ide. The 9x18 super, (or ultra, or police as it sometimes found), is hard to find. Although never recomended to use anything other than what is stamped on the barrel, alot of people fire a standard .380acp out of the 9x18Super. The .380 will sit deep and sloppy in the chamber but apparently works out ok. I have not tried it. I have also heard of people shotening .38 Super cases and loading them for the 9x18Super. I have not tried this either. Factory ammo is most likely out there, but you may have to look hard.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Since you sound like you have the proper tools and equipment, dont forget to use the mic. Lol. Double check the bore (it should be .355), and load a couple dummies first, to function test by hand, before trying to fire any. If i understand right, the Ultra was loaded with a 93g bullet, the Police with a 100g. Might not be exact numbers, but you get the point. I wouldnt load up a 147g 9mm in it. As far as load data, should be able to use the 380 data, since it was just a slight step under the 9x18Ultra.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can purchase 9x18 ultra or police as it is known also from Reeds Ammunition at very reasonable prices and they will sell you the dies also . 2 yrs ago I bought 10 boxes of ammo from them . Do not remember the price but it was $ 84 or $88 FOR THE RELOAD DIES . hOPE THIS HELPS . WHAT A HOT LOAD ,VERY ACCURATE AND POWERFUL Almost as good as 9mm para

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.