The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DSC01015.JPG
I have there Walther PPKs. 1st. is a 7.65 (Pre WWII I believe), 2nd. is 9mm Kurz dated 1965, and the 3rd. is 9mm Kurz and is dated 1967. The two 9mm Kurz are in excellent condition and the 7.65 has some wear (see photos of all three). I'm trying to determine the value of each one. Thx so much.
fullsizeoutput_1fb3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1fb5.jpeg
DSC01007.JPG
DSC01013.JPG

Attachments

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
I have personally listed these on *********for my local shop and in this condition they have sold for 2500 to 2800 dollars. That is high but it did happen using excellent photos and a simple friendly description. A more realistic expectation may be in the 2000 dollar range but in the box like that I think you could do better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T
I have personally listed these on *********for my local shop and in this condition they have sold for 2500 to 2800 dollars. That is high but it did happen using excellent photos and a simple friendly description. A more realistic expectation may be in the 2000 dollar range but in the box like that I think you could do better.
Thank you so much for your response. That is very helpful and gives me a range to pursue.

·
Deer Stalker
6,174 Posts
The "K" is indeed a pre-war, in 98% condition is valued at $2000. Add 20% if the magazine matches the pistol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The "K" is indeed a pre-war, in 98% condition is valued at $2000. Add 20% if the magazine matches the pistol.
Thanks for your assessment. The magazine is original to the gun and other than minor surface wear marks is in the same condition as the gun. Do you have an opinion on the other two PPK's I posted photos of? The bore is perfect on all three PPKs.

·
Deer Stalker
6,174 Posts
The others don't appear to be Manurhin.
The blue book shows those made post-war, prior to 1968, german, $750-1075 in 98-100% condition. These prices will vary in online auctions. (I've seen them go as low as $500)
They are on my bucket list but I have higher priority rifles I need first. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The others don't appear to be Manurhin.
The blue book shows those made post-war, prior to 1968, german, $750-1075 in 98-100% condition. These prices will vary in online auctions. (I've seen them go as low as $500)
They are on my bucket list but I have higher priority rifles I need first. :)
Again thanks for your response. They were made in W. Germany.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
From the time period listed they were made in France. :mad: The Manurhin, France factory made the frames, slides and all the small parts, they were then shipped to Germany, where they were proofed, polished and assembled and marked " Made in Germany " . German law allows them to be marked Made in Germanys if they were assembled and proofed in the Fatherland . However. even if made in France they are considered to be German . I am referring to the post war Walt hers only of course.

·
Deer Stalker
6,174 Posts
Walther opened a plant just inside the French border after 1952. They are ineed German Walthers rgardless of the 10 mile distance inside french borders. They were staffed by German Machinists. German Manufacturing engineers and German foremen. There was nothing "French" about German Walthers other than "over there across the border" where they were built.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
As the norm in such a venture they opeaned an office staffed with with people who would ensure the proper quality of the product they licensed . If they had the means to soen a factory they would have done so in Germany. In 1952 they didn't have the means to open a shoe shine stand. The Russians took every thing and the Walther people were lucky to escape the same fate. escape they did , but with no tools, equipment, or capital. In 1952 they were still attempeming to start over, they had no way to open a factory in France.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts