The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently come across this firearms and would like to know a little about it.
It is a Walther 380 PPK Cal.9mm
Sn# 123388 A
I have attached some pictures of the gun with some details on some of the stamped designs it has. I know as much as that it’s a Nazi version with the Eagle over the N, making it date back maybe in the 1940’s?? Also because of the antlers it was produced in Ulm. That’s all I know. I would like to know the value of this gun if possible. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
9mm Kurz is .380 ACP, and I don't believe they chambered the PPK in 9mm Kurz till after WWII.

The eagle you are referring to is not the proof stamp used before WWII. The eagle stamp in the photo below is correct for that period.

ZZZPPK412-024023_4(1).jpg

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
The proof mark , Eagle over N was first used on Walther arms in 1940 and still in use today, so that with in itself cannot be used for dating. The Ulm proof mark is interesting, Walther did not start operations in Ulm until 1955, tthier old factory being destroyed during the war then what was left was taken over by the Russians. Unless the barrel has been changed I believed your PPK was mad after 1982 When Walther started making them their selves again.

·
Premium Member
11,182 Posts
The crown over N for nitro goes back to the 1891/93 proof law. But that pistol is not pre-WWII or WWII as others have well noted.

Reactions: Kweeksdraw

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Sharps, the fist use by Walther on the Eagle ove N proof mark was 40/41, )prior to that time they were using the Crown over N

·
Premium Member
11,182 Posts
Thanks RJ....chemo brain. Had treatment #6 yesterday.

Reactions: Kweeksdraw

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Sharps, I wish the best in your fight, I just went through that with my wife of 50 years. Vaya con Dios friend.

·
Premium Member
11,182 Posts
Thank you sir! Prognosis is good, just gotta go thorough this battle. Fun, ain't it!

Reactions: jwdurf
1 - 11 of 11 Posts