The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a laser sight for my Taurus PT92 - 9mm. Can anyone tell me what make/model is made that will work for it. Can't afford a lot of money to get one but I need one that will be reliable. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Well inexpensive and reliable don't go hand in hand when it comes to laser sights. On the 92 there are 2 options. The Crimson Trace laser grips are about the best option. they replace the grip panels with ones that have a laser built into the right panel and have a pressure switch so when you grip the gun they turn on. The 92 has a tactical rail in which a laser can be attached also. Veridian, lasermax and CT make universal lasers that will attach to that rail. they tend to be less expensive but also have a down fall. More bulk in the front end and they run on a switch that has to be turned on. They arent as mindless as the grip lasers. IIRC the CT grip lasers are around 275.00. There is also the guide rod laser that replaces the guide rod with one that has a laser built into it. Lasermax makes them but they break easily and loose zero quite frequently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.