The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at a Walther PP 7.65mm that someone is selling and he told me it was a wartime production. He didn't research it himself so he couldn't tell me 100% if it was a wartime piece, so I researched online what I could and found a site that told me the serial number on this gun fits into the 1940-1945 SN's. However, the site also told me there is supposed to be a mark on the barrel and the slide under the ejection port, but this pistol doesn't have that. It has the Eagle above WaA359 on the slide and behind the trigger well. Manufacturer is said to be in Zella-Mahlis (Thur.)

Serial Number is 299799 P

The seller is asking $3,000 and what I've seen online, they only go for 1,500-2,000 dollars. I'd love to own this if it's a war piece, but not for that much if it isn't worth it.

I didn't get a picture of the holster, but I'll have one before the weekend. The holster is worn, though. But I'll leave that until tomorrow/Friday.

The handgrips are plastic, not wood. I can't specifically remember all the degradation, but it has wear from the slide on the left side of the lower, a small chip on the top right back of the slide, some wear inside the slide's ejection opening, and the tip of the barrel is slightly worn down, but I don't have a picture of that. I'll post more pictures before the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
So I was looking at a Walther PP 7.65mm that someone is selling and he told me it was a wartime production. He didn't research it himself so he couldn't tell me 100% if it was a wartime piece, so I researched online what I could and found a site that told me the serial number on this gun fits into the 1940-1945 SN's. However, the site also told me there is supposed to be a mark on the barrel and the slide under the ejection port, but this pistol doesn't have that. It has the Eagle above WaA359 on the slide and behind the trigger well. Manufacturer is said to be in Zella-Mahlis (Thur.)

Serial Number is 299799 P

The seller is asking $3,000 and what I've seen online, they only go for 1,500-2,000 dollars. I'd love to own this if it's a war piece, but not for that much if it isn't worth it.

I didn't get a picture of the holster, but I'll have one before the weekend. The holster is worn, though. But I'll leave that until tomorrow/Friday.

The handgrips are plastic, not wood. I can't specifically remember all the degradation, but it has wear from the slide on the left side of the lower, a small chip on the top right back of the slide, some wear inside the slide's ejection opening, and the tip of the barrel is slightly worn down, but I don't have a picture of that. I'll post more pictures before the weekend.
If I might suggest, I'd go to the P38 forum website and post pictures and include pictures of the holster. There's a lot of knowledge there. $3-k seems a bit on the hi side, however the holster might justify the price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts