was talking with some buddies last night

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cbrown, May 9, 2009.

1. cbrown

cbrown New Member

I was talking with some buddies last night about this whle gun bull ****
    and one of them made an extremly good point..

the constitution says we have the right to bare arms...

how ever it says nothing about having the right to bare ammo...

pisses me right off!!!:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

i dont know. if you have the right to own a vehicle you should also have the right to own gas. it goes hand in hand. i dont think this is going to be an issue. if someone tried to ban ammo then SWHTF. Now they might try to pass all kinds of regulations on ammo. Yea i see that coming. :(

3. pawn

pawn Active Member

the point about ammo has been parroted by Hillary Clinton on and off for years :mad: she is hard to like.

4. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

A gun with out ammo is just a club.

5. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

During the Moro insurection in the Philapines, the Moros used matches for primers and what ever they could stuff down the barel for bullets or shot. It somtimes worked but that was with black powder. It would be pretty chancy with modern propelants. Have only seen safety matches in the stores. Hmmm.

6. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Thats why i keep my bow arm in shape, and the knife sharp, in case i run out of bullets.

7. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

I'm going to ask a question that will show my ignorance, so no one laugh, okay?

When the Constitution was written, was it possible to purchase ready-made ammo like it is today? Or was most, if not all, ammo "home-made"?

If the latter is true, then "the right to bear arms" implied, by virtue of the need for ammo to make them useful, the right to obtain materials and make ammo.

If the former is true (ready-made ammo for purchase) then I would think the implication would be that ammunition would be made available for purchase and use.

I can't imagine their thinking being "we have the right to bear arms, whether or not there is ammunition available"....that would make a "militia" pretty pointless and ineffective, wouldn't it?

Taking the 2-A in context, as with all the rest of the document, is important here, I think.

As others say, that's just my taxed 2 cents. :)

8. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Ask the lawyers 4ever. Obama only has half of them.

9. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Ok first off put it this way if i choose to kill some one and i dont have a gun im going to use something else at my disposal... if there is a will there is a way.

You can either shoot some one or beat them to death with the gun or an assortment of objects not limited to items such as common pens, pencils, knives, baseball bats, etc. So if they ban guns than they would have to ban any harmful object capable of killing a person including bare hands right?

Also if you outlaw guns than only outlaws have guns. so if outlaws have guns than what are the civilians suppose to do just sit there and watch as there house gets raided?

Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians. So protect your guns and protect you second amendment right.

10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

One of the cool things about the constitution is its underlying intent/purpose.
    Outlawing ammo would make the 2nd obsolete. Not gonna happen.
    Serializing ammo is a pipe dream. It would serve no purpose, and no manufacturer would agree to it.

11. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

I believe this wouldn't stand in the Supreme Court, things like the internet have been defended I believe on the basis of the First Amendment. So even though we don't have a right to the 'internet', our right to the First Amendment guarantees our right to the internet. Something like that.