We all need to remember this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/12/03 3:00:22 pm)
    We all need to remember this
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No, sir," continued Ollie.

"No? And why not?" the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir."

"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.

"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.

"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore

Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners."

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports.

If you agree that the American public must be made aware of this fact, pass this on.**

**This is as I received it on the net..

"Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

Edited by: teehee1 at: 2/13/03 7:01:05 pm

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/12/03 6:00:31 pm)
    Reply Oops!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Teehee1 -

Almost hate to have to do this to you, but ........

The terrorist named by Ollie North was not Osama. It was a man by the name of Abu Nidal. Bin Laden was not recognized as a terrorist at the time. The US saw him as a freedom fighter (with US backing, against the Soviets).

Also, Senator Gore was not a member of the US Senate Select Committee on Secret Military Assistance to Iran and the Nicaraguan Opposition, so he wasn't the one grilling Ollie, anyway.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/12/03 6:49:16 pm)
    Reply Re: Oops!
    Holy gunsmoke, I've been flim flammed by teehee1 with mis information. Is there no justice in the world...tee hee.

GG

Dave3
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/12/03 7:07:50 pm)
    Just one more urban legend being passed around. If it shows up in your E-mail it is probably false. There is a website called urban legends.something that talks about a bunch of the stuff being sent. The guy that runs it was on the radio the other day talking about all these urban legends that are being passed off as true stories.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/12/03 7:35:01 pm)
    Re: Oops!
    Another hoax

205.180.85.40/w/pc.cgi?mid=11244&sid=1796

1. Urban Legends Reference Pages: Rumors of War (Oliver Twisted) ••••
    Did Oliver North warn us about Osama bin Laden during the 1987 Iran-Contra hearings?
    Oliver Twisted Claim: Oliver North stated during the 1987 Iran-Contra hearings that Osama bin Laden was "the most evil person alive"...
    ...I was at a UNC lecture the other day where they played a video of Oliver North during the Iran-Contra deals during the Reagan administration. I was only...
    ...Oliver replied, 'Yes I did sir.' The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, 'Isn't this just a little excessive?' 'No sir,'...
    Sat, 04 Jan 2003 11:46:38 GMT http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.htm

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

[email protected]

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/13/03 2:27:10 am)
    WHAT...Every "printed" word in not the whole truth?
    Oh my goodness, what am I to do now?
    You sure know how to burst a guys bubble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.