We are at war.... And God be with us.

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Rae Harrison, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Nor Cal Mikie

Nor Cal Mikie Well-Known Member

It could be that the folks that support President Trump are seeing something that no other President had the guts to do? Most of us that support the man don't kneel at his alter. We're standing up and giving him a high five for having the courage to do SOMETHING, rather than drawing a line in the sand and not backing it up like the gutless wonder before him.;)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback Well-Known Member

Nor Cal, I voted for and support Trump. But unlike some I do not consider him to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I take him for what he is. A fallible human being, flawed but still being polished. I hope and pray that he will always do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reasons. I also realize that he will sometimes do the exact opposite.

3. Nor Cal Mikie

If he was perfect, he wouldn't be "The Donald" and, he wouldn't be President.
    We all know what happened to the ONLY Man that was perfect.
    That's for sure. Good thing we don't REALLY know what he's thinking. :eek: Bad enough seeing him as he is now. We got what we voted for.;) Things could always be worse. :rolleyes:

BlackEagle and carver like this.
  4. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Actually, Japan was invading these territories to get the resources they needed. Most of which was coming from the U.S. Because they were invading other territories, the U.S. shut off all oil, and materials to Japan. That's when Japan decided to strike the U.S. fleet in Hawaii. I'm sure that they thought that if they could wipe out the U.S. fleet, that would give them the opportunity to take what they wanted. They just didn't figure on our air craft carriers not being there, and how fast America could over come the set back they had delivered. We had resources to build more ships, they did not!

5. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well said.

6. Andrew4

Andrew4 New Member

My concern is further destabilization of Syria , So if good comes of it
    we must then stay to avoid any groups like ISIS to fill a void . It is a sad commentary as what are viewed as ruthless dictators Assad - Saddam Hussein and Other's
    seemed to allow christens homage . Not to say christens are the focus but removing these ruthless dictators time and time again opens the door to Christens being destroyed
    ( removed )

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/mid-easts-christians-intro

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-15392189

PeteKin, BlackEagle and carver like this.
  7. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

President Trump isn't any 'Reagan' - but thank God he isn't a Carter, Clinton or Obama. So far he is doing what he said he'd do. I am impressed with what he has been able to do - in spite of the Never Trumper RINOs and the block-him-no-matter-what Democrats.

Just imagine if his hands weren't tied........

tcox4freedom, Awtoman, texdon and 7 others like this.
  8. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well said. I begin to think some of these ruthless dictators are the only thing keeping a lid on things in their countries.

I was all for removing Sadam, but there was no solid plan to replace him and still keep a lid on things in Iraq, so things fell completely to pieces there.

I must admit, I am having trouble understanding the situation in Syria. I know that Christians live in that country, and Assad hasn't tried to wipe them out as far as I know. Replace him with some other sect of leader and that will open up a pandora's box of sectarian violence.

We all know the news only gives us information they want us to have, that pushes their agenda, so we are woefully in the dark about the whole situation there. Groups such as Barnabas Fund give a more balanced, complete view of news in these countries but it is tightly focused on the persecuted church.

PeteKin and ral357 like this.
  9. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

If you try to figure this stuff out, it will hurt your brain seriously.

BlackEagle, jedwil and Nor Cal Mikie like this.
  10. Nor Cal Mikie

If we let things go on as they are now, we're the bad guys for not doing anything?
    If we stick our noses in, we're the bad guys?
    Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    jbmid1, howlnmad, BlackEagle and 3 others like this.
  11. bosun

bosun Well-Known Member

Let's see about history. Russia invaded Afghanistan. We trained and equipped local tribesmen to fight the Russians. They became the Taliban. We didn't like Sadaam, hung him and one of the Mullahs (forgot his name) started what has became ISIL. Also since Sadaam was in pretty much a constant state of war with Iran, Iran stayed in its own corner. Now they are exporting & funding terrorists and getting nuclear capability. Hillary didn't like Quaddafi, got the revolt going and Quaddafi axed. More terrorists to export..

BlackEagle likes this.
  12. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Iran did not stay in their own corner. Unless you consider Iraq,
    where the provided the shaped-
    charge explosives along wth undercover operatives that killed and maimed so many of our people. And ISIS happened because Obama so badly mishandled the drawdown from Iraq.

BlackEagle and bosun like this.
  13. bosun

bosun Well-Known Member

"that killed and maimed so many of our people" which happened when we moved in and Sadaam was out.
    There was no plan Other than the "Unicorns and Rainbows" plan of "someone who we like and is nice will probably move into the power vacuum we've created"..wasn't that DubYa? And His Lordship (and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize) didn't help at all..

BlackEagle likes this.
  14. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

I'll paraphrase Teddy Roosevelt here," it's easy for those who are outside of the arena to criticise."

Nor Cal Mikie and bosun like this.
  15. bosun

bosun Well-Known Member

Yup, but those in charge knew they were going to have to make the right choices and be judged by history. Me, I'm just one of the great unwashed members of the peanut gallery (G). Good typing with you BTW..

BlackEagle likes this.